Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Washing machine, bargains?

• 04-01-2015 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Need to replace my washing machine that went on the blink. Anyone bought recently or know of any bargains or have codes (for Argos or anywhere else)? See that Currys are selling an 8Kg Hotpoint for 299, Harvey Norman a 7Kg Samsung for 369 and DID an 8Kg Zanussi for 299.99 and an 8Kg Hotpoint for 299.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

OP, try BA Requests, you might get more answers there

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Thanks, will do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I feel your pain. Mine went last week. Spent hours reading reviews instead of writing a college assignment. Beko coming up good for inexpensive. Miele if you're willing to spend. Best reliable mid range Bosch, Zanuzzi and Samsung. Wouldn't touch Hotpoint. I went with Bosch one on sale. Took long term energy savings etc into consideration so dismissed Beko. There's a great button that calculates washing requirements so cotton stuff coming out smelling n feeling nice n reasonably dry a bit over n hour. Not the most beautiful machine but solid and easy to use. With delivery @ €20 works out slightly cheaper than with free delivery with Currys UK. Irish Currys have exaggerated the Sale price drop though by about €100. Delivery was quick. Right you've made it this far so deserve a link. Right back to my other essay....

http://www.currys.ie/Product/bosch-wak28260gb-washing-machine-white/322197/104

Cheers WizWeb. So a total of 369.99 then? Did Currys take away the old one in that price? Best of luck with the assignment

• Advertisement

Yh that's the total n they took the old one away. Easy to disconnect the old one and connect the new yourself. Just remember to turn off the water before you start! Oh n unscrew the four drum holding brackets at the back :)

Couldn't make this up. A mate who I'd not seen in years delivered it. Ironically I'd sold and delivered my ex's machine to his ex a couple of years back!

Cheers, I've to drop the essay in tomorrow so I'm outta here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Do these things have a January self destruct timer?! Ours went at the weekend :(. Straight down to did. Got a zanussi 1400rpm 10kg jobbie. Hopefully that's the end of my washing machine research for another ten years.

Ended up buying a Bosch 1400 rpm, 8Kg, A+++ rated machine from Soundstore in Limerick for €425 delivered and the other one(s) taken back. There was little or no difference between Harvey Norman and PowerCity on the exact same model when delivery was included but the salesman in Soundstore did his job and I bought from him. Hopefully having spent at least 125 more than I had to for a similiar rated Zanussi brand I will get a long time out of it.

That's good that you both got sorted. Forgot about this thread. Now it's time to do me washing ha

Advertisement