Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc self monitoring advice

Options
  • 04-01-2015 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi guys im looking for a bit of advice. I have a secure watch 8/12 at home recently installed. I have a working land line with sky broadband connected to it.can I connect my alarm so it rings me when alarm activates. I read on other threads about voice diallers, gsm etc.whats the best option. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Your best option would be to install a stand alone voice dialler. Don't let anyone try sell you a text dialler as eircom as to soon stop the texting service over landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 brk13

Your best option would be to install a stand alone voice dialler. Don't let anyone try sell you a text dialler as eircom as to soon stop the texting service over landline.

That's was I was afraid of. So the voice dialler basically calls my mobile when alarm is activated? Any idea of the best brand and cost?????😊

brk13 wrote: »
    That's was I was afraid of. So the voice dialler basically calls my mobile when alarm is activated? Any idea of the best brand and cost?????😊

Correct.

There's a list of suppliers in the sticky ontop of the forum main page. They'll give you a price.

Having difficulty knowing exactly what I'm looking for. Is there a exact name for it or picture? I'm currently looking at hkc gsm units on there website but not confident.

Hkc don't sell stand alone voice diallers. Stand alone diallers will work on any system. You're better off giving them a call tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hkc don't sell stand alone voice diallers. Stand alone diallers will work on any system. You're better off giving them a call tomorrow.

So all I'm looking for is a standalone voice dialler and nothing else? Sorry, would have made a great guard.

brk13 wrote: »
    So all I'm looking for is a standalone voice dialler and nothing else? Sorry, would have made a great guard.

Yes.

Advertisement