Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC HOUSING LIST

Options
  • 04-01-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am on the list 5 years and now working fulltime, I am no longer entiltled to R supplement ect. But am paying sky high rent for myself and son ( I know everyone is). Just wondering if I have a chance of being housed by DCC sooner now that they are bringing in the HAP scheme which will effectively be taking people in receipt of RA off the list?? Or if the likes of cluid would prioritise people in employment because of the higher rate of rent that they will receive ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rach34

callumsmom wrote: »
    I am on the list 5 years and now working fulltime, I am no longer entiltled to R supplement ect. But am paying sky high rent for myself and son ( I know everyone is). Just wondering if I have a chance of being housed by DCC sooner now that they are bringing in the HAP scheme which will effectively be taking people in receipt of RA off the list?? Or if the likes of cluid would prioritise people in employment because of the higher rate of rent that they will receive ??

Cluid dont prioritise anyone :( they get nominations from council housing list and you are interviewed . Think its 3 interviewees to every vacancy . I am with them 3.5 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

It's hard to say been your working full time and paying rents you might not be considered a priority.
    All you can do really is bide your time
    Currently 8 years on the Sdcc list with the wife and 2 kids .
    The HAP might suit you when it's rolled out properly depending on if it's a long term or short term system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

Don't forget that if you earn over a certain amount you won't be eligible for social housing at all.

Advertisement