Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65th Birthday Venues

Options
  • 04-01-2015 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello!!

Looking for inspiration!! Need somewhere to have a 65th birthday for my mother! Nothing too fancy, just an area in a pub preferably for free, somewhere that does finger food and also where we can set up some music (two guys on a guitar so don't need a stage or anything!).

If they don't do food then we need somewhere that will allow us to bring in food!

Any suggestions?! Oh and we r thinking city centre!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Which city?

You might get a better answer in the relevant regional forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brideenie

Very good point!!! Assuming everyone automatically knows I mean Dublin!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Brideenie wrote: »
    Hello!!

Looking for inspiration!! Need somewhere to have a 65th birthday for my mother! Nothing too fancy, just an area in a pub preferably for free, somewhere that does finger food and also where we can set up some music (two guys on a guitar so don't need a stage or anything!).

If they don't do food then we need msomewhere that will allow us to bring in food!

Any suggestions?! Oh and we r thinking city centre!

The Stags Head on Dame Lane have the parlour bar upstairs, probably my favourite place if I'm booking an area for a party.

Toners on baggot St have a nice room upstairs (few years since I've been though, maybe someone else has been recently.

Mercantile on Dame St will give you a decent enough area too

Stags Head and Toners are two on my list so thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Brideenie wrote: »
    Stags Head and Toners are two on my list so thanks!!

Just remembered Sheehans of Chatham Street too, they'll give you upstairs and it's good, add that to your list too

• Advertisement

Don't know that place so will check it out thanks! If you've any tips for music as well that would be great! Currently debating between doing our own playlist or getting an acoustic band, something low key!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Central Hotel on Exchequer street has a nice venue upstairs for parties

Advertisement