Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps4 usb flash drive issue

Options
  • 04-01-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My PS4 won't recognise any of the flash drives I put in. They are all FAT32 and they are all recognised by my PS3. I have inserted the drives into my PS3 and watched a movie then tried to do the same on the PS4 but it won't recognise that a USB is connected. Any help ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Playstation 4 doesn't currently support playback of video files from USB flash drives or external HDD's
    Seems a little silly to me but I'll keep my PS3 (with broken disc drive) for that for the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tabletop

looks like i will be doing the same. thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Playstation 4 doesn't currently support playback of video files from USB flash drives or external HDD's
    Seems a little silly to me but I'll keep my PS3 (with broken disc drive) for that for the meantime.

Do you know if there are plans to introduce this on the ps4? I'm holding off getting a ps4 as that is primarily what my ps3 is used for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

RoryMac wrote: »
    Do you know if there are plans to introduce this on the ps4? I'm holding off getting a ps4 as that is primarily what my ps3 is used for

I'd say there will be, when though is anyone's guess. Music payback was only added to the PS4 recently with version 2.0 software.

Advertisement