Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awesome Games Done Quick 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

They're gonna do FF7 in 3 hours, Dark souls in 1hr 40 ?

I'll have to have a look at that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope I'm home in time for it.

The Mario 3 glitch run in about 3 and a half minutes was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

SeantheMan wrote: »
    They're gonna do FF7 in 3 hours, Dark souls in 1hr 40 ?

I'll have to have a look at that

lads on twitch can do dark souls all bosses in about 1 hr 24 mins , santzo84 and elajjaz . they are on a few evenings of the week. it's insane stuff watching them

2smiggy wrote: »
    lads on twitch can do dark souls all bosses in about 1 hr 24 mins , santzo84 and elajjaz . they are on a few evenings of the week. it's insane stuff watching them

I watched the Battletoads earlier.
    It's nice how they've uploaded each as their own video to youtube so you can easily browse the ones you want.

Why is it only Dark Souls 2 they're taking on and not Dark Souls ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone needs to check out Umihara Kawase speed run tonight. The game is just insane for speed runs and requires a crazy amount of skill. It's pretty much built from the ground up for speed runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I watched the Battletoads earlier.
    It's nice how they've uploaded each as their own video to youtube so you can easily browse the ones you want.

Why is it only Dark Souls 2 they're taking on and not Dark Souls ?

it should be dark souls they do, all the good lads at speed running dark souls, have gone back to dark souls 1. many an evening i have watched a speed run of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

2smiggy wrote: »
    it should be dark souls they do, all the good lads at speed running dark souls, have gone back to dark souls 1. many an evening i have watched a speed run of it !

Well they cant do the same speed run at every AGDQ twice a year, they are trying to cater for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Wossack

Watching the They Bleed Pixels speed run, and theyve the dev's on speakerphone watching the stream too - very cool :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They had Terry Cavanagh on for their VVVVVVV run last year and they had one of the Banjo and Kazooie guys on this year and last for their runs, always great when the devs are on the call to offer insights to a particular level or something and then to hear how blown away they are in their voices when they see a crazy glitch or stunt.

Shiminay wrote: »
    They had Terry Cavanagh on for their VVVVVVV run last year and they had one of the Banjo and Kazooie guys on this year and last for their runs, always great when the devs are on the call to offer insights to a particular level or something and then to hear how blown away they are in their voices when they see a crazy glitch or stunt.
    That Terry Kavanagh one was brilliant. The player was amazed listening to him too. Terry wasn't aware of lots of glitches either haha.

• Advertisement

Nothing worse than slaving away on a game and having some snotty nosed kid break it with a glitch (or in my case crash the whole system by accident) :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nothing worse than slaving away on a game and having some snotty nosed kid break it with a glitch (or in my case crash the whole system by accident) :)

Ah your game couldnt be that bad, just takes one glitchy wall or platform.

Everyone needs to check out Umihara Kawase speed run tonight. The game is just insane for speed runs and requires a crazy amount of skill. It's pretty much built from the ground up for speed runs.

Umihara Kawase AGDQ 2013 http://youtu.be/wa8tFbRDzqI

Damn Tetris grand master is on at 1am.

http://youtu.be/jwC544Z37qo
    Skip to 5:10 for invisible bricks :O

Then shovel knight, god dammit, stupid time zones.

Wow, they just had a live on-air proposal (and thankfully an acceptance :D) from the guy who just went through a Mischief Makers run to his girlfriend who was on the couch with him :)

Wow, they just had a live on-air proposal (and thankfully an acceptance :D) from the guy who just went through a Mischief Makers run to his girlfriend who was on the couch with him :)

Well that was slightly awkward, romance aint dead

The awkwardness levels were painful, I genuinely feel bad for the young lady, he mostly ignored her after she said yes so he could talk to his buddies about how cool he was for proposing on air... It was just shocking.

The awkwardness levels were painful, I genuinely feel bad for the young lady, he mostly ignored her after she said yes so he could talk to his buddies about how cool he was for proposing on air... It was just shocking.

"I totally said i was gonna do it remember" jasuz cringe.
    Best twitch comment was "i hope he doesnt come as quickly as he speed runs"

4 minutes 6 seconds and that was slow apparently :p

Holy fking sht! That Grandmaster Tetris run :eek: MIND BLOWN!

• Advertisement

I have enough trouble with gameboy Tetris.

eddhorse wrote: »
    That Terry Kavanagh one was brilliant. The player was amazed listening to him too. Terry wasn't aware of lots of glitches either haha.
    link ?

That Tetris one, I was watching and looking to see the next piece to come...before I was able to check what it was, he has it placed. The speed is ridiculous. He was also just casually talking at the same time....unreal

link ?

That Tetris one, I was watching and looking to see the next piece to come...before I was able to check what it was, he has it placed. The speed is ridiculous. He was also just casually talking at the same time....unreal

Game called "VVVVVV" (6xV) in AGDQ 2014, he joins on the phone but there is a time difference to the guy playing and Terry watching http://youtu.be/fc0S8KM_FI4

Missed the Tetris run, couldnt stay awake.

Some members of the Shovel Knight dev team were on as the lads were doing their run - seemed like a really lovely bunch of lads who were really enjoying hearing what the runners had figured and not figured and they said that Speed running was definitely part of what they had in mind when building the game. Quite a few "Oh wow, how did you do that?" as well as several "yea, we figured someone might be able to do that, we were never good enough to confirm it though."

The tetris grand master was amazing, only just watched it ! Wow
    http://youtu.be/KwHuDC1fimc

Then i watched mario 3, the run had a few mistakes but still finished in under an hour.
    http://youtu.be/c-bkDz0wPsI

When he finishes that run, The last 5 minutes has an attempt at one of the hardest glitches in the game ! Nailed it, finishes the game in just over 3 minutes :)

Then i watched the Mario Kaizo run, if you havent seen this hacked mario world game, take a look.
    http://youtu.be/J9fOSoXxJVs

The Yoshi's Island run last night was incredible. All the Nintendo games seem to make great speed runners. Nintendo don't just make great games, they make great glitches as well :)

The Yoshi's Island run last night was incredible. All the Nintendo games seem to make great speed runners. Nintendo don't just make great games, they make great glitches as well :)

Thats so true ! Although there are some scrolling levels that they have to wait for.

Only bought Yoshis Island boxes for the Snes before Xmas, havent started it yet :)

eddhorse wrote: »
    Thats so true ! Although there are some scrolling levels that they have to wait for.

Only bought Yoshis Island boxes for the Snes before Xmas, havent started it yet :)

You're in for a treat. It's an absolute masterclass in 2D design.

Zelda A Link to the Past is on now, i have never seen the warps before. (Warps not glitches)

• Advertisement

The schedule today is just pure quality games from 2:30 onwards, although if you are masochistic you can watch 4 and a half hours of the worst game series ever right now, namely Kingdom hearts.

Advertisement