Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast not working fully after windows reinstall

Options
  • 04-01-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭

I got chrome caste at christmas and it worked fine with the Win7 laptop but I needed to do a fresh windows install on the laptop.

Now it's not working correctly. YouTube will work fine on it but it will not cast the chrome browser correctly. It will cast an image from the point I initiate the cast but nothing else. No video, no audio not even the pointer movement.

Any ideas on a fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Uninstall and then re-install the chromecast extension on chrome browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Guffy

no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Some users have uninstalled chrome and installed chrome beta to fix similar problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Guffy

degsie wrote: »
    Some users have uninstalled chrome and installed chrome beta to fix similar problems.

Is there much difference between the two?

It worked from the computer before i reset it and not now which is a bit strange isn't it

Advertisement