Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Having tried a few images I would have to say that egami is a non starter, crashes far too often. Tried opennfr without much luck either, just couldn't get it set up properly. Loaded up blackhole this morning although I'm away for the weekend so wont know how this goes for a day or two.

As said earlier, I have found hdfreaks to be very stable and had been running it for the last few months without any problems, if I could just stop the messing around with this box:rolleyes:

Partymack & Irreverent - can't say that I have ever had a problem with any recording or timeshift for that matter and have often had two recordings at once while watching a third channel. I do believe that the hard disk is formatted to Ext4 and as these are Linux boxes and Ext4 is a Linux format then this is maybe why it makes a difference. Not at the box so would need to confirm format.

On another note, has anybody been able to set up remote access to webif?

Currently have only 4G 'broadband' and I appear to have everything set up correctly but just can't access it. Have a ddns account set up and the router is successfully connected to this, have enabled http sharing on webif and given this a port number and have set up port forwarding on the router to this port number plus the ip address of the box. If anybody has any ideas on this they would be much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

THE ALM wrote: »
    On another note, has anybody been able to set up remote access to webif?

Currently have only 4G 'broadband' and I appear to have everything set up correctly but just can't access it. Have a ddns account set up and the router is successfully connected to this, have enabled http sharing on webif and given this a port number and have set up port forwarding on the router to this port number plus the ip address of the box. If anybody has any ideas on this they would be much appreciated :D

Thanks for response on box crashing - interested to hear your experience. I have a USB key plugged in (s well as HDD) with my picons on it. Will try removing that this weekend see if it's the problem.

On remote logging in, took me a while to crack that. Sounds like yer almost there - on most routers you have to disable firewall to allow access remotely. Are you able to reach your routers log in page using the WAN IP address? Finally, when you can get the Router Log on page remotely you will need to add the port number to end of WAN address to view the box. E.g. 87.47.123.168:80(or whatever port you are forwarding to).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Partymack wrote: »
    I'm having this problem generally with my OS3. It almost always happens if I've recorded a HD channel.

Wrote to supplier and they suggested reformatting HARDdrive to Ext4, mINE was in NTFS. Too early to say if problem is sorted yet.

My other problem is just box locking up, and screen going black. Hard reboot is only way to revive it. Again it seems to happen while watching a HD channel. I think the RAM is filling up and running out of space. Waiting for redone on this from Open ATV forums.

Anyone else having this 'box crashing' problem?

I had loads of lockups on my box using Open ATV images, I switched to HD freaks a few months back and it was much better but still did it from time to time. Am currently using Black Hole and its really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Having tried a few images I would have to say that egami is a non starter, crashes far too often. Tried opennfr without much luck either, just couldn't get it set up properly. Loaded up blackhole this morning although I'm away for the weekend so wont know how this goes for a day or two.

Where did you download the blackhole image from? Wouldn't mind testing it out.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement

del

superg wrote: »
    I had loads of lockups on my box using Open ATV images, I switched to HD freaks a few months back and it was much better but still did it from time to time. Am currently using Black Hole and its really good.

I think I've solved the problems that were bugging me most about the box:
    • It was crashing quite a bit, usually if watching a HD channel.
    • playback of recordings often caused it to crash.
    • Recordings of HD channels played back with pixelated images, which became unwatchable.

I was using OPEN ATV 5.1, which I stuck with because visually it looks nicest and is easy to use but loaded with features.

I flashed OpenVix image and refornatted my Harddrive to EXT4. This has TRANSFORMED my box from a 'fingers crossed it won't crash' to a really reliable unit.

I'm not a huge fan of Skins in OpenVix, (I'm using the Blue HD) but nothing beats OPEN ATV's My MetrIx HD. But it is so stable. Recording 2 channels while watching a third etc etc. Plugins seem to integrate much better too.

If your struggling like I was I'd suggest moving to OPEN VIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Think I'll take a copy of the MyMetrix skin first and then try OpenVix with the MyMetrix skin

championc wrote: »
    Think I'll take a copy of the MyMetrix skin first and then try OpenVix with the MyMetrix skin

Hey Champ,

Is it possible to 'take a copy' of the My Metrix Skin from OATV and then transfer it into OpenVix?

There is a MyMetrix skin you can download from plugin menu on OpenVix but when I did this it looked a bit cheep! Certainly needs some customisation as the colours are bit gawdy and the font is too small to read any menus, EPG, settings etc. If I had some time I was going to Start to tweek the skin till it started to resemble OATV version. But if I could just take a copy and swop.... Much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I think I've solved the problems that were bugging me most about the box:
    • It was crashing quite a bit, usually if watching a HD channel.
    • playback of recordings often caused it to crash.
    • Recordings of HD channels played back with pixelated images, which became unwatchable.

I was using OPEN ATV 5.1, which I stuck with because visually it looks nicest and is easy to use but loaded with features.

I flashed OpenVix image and refornatted my Harddrive to EXT4. This has TRANSFORMED my box from a 'fingers crossed it won't crash' to a really reliable unit.

I'm not a huge fan of Skins in OpenVix, (I'm using the Blue HD) but nothing beats OPEN ATV's My MetrIx HD. But it is so stable. Recording 2 channels while watching a third etc etc. Plugins seem to integrate much better too.

If your struggling like I was I'd suggest moving to OPEN VIX.
    Do you have a link or the Optimuss OS 3 Plus? The only image I could find on the Open Vix site was for the the OS-Mini

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭tippguy2

Superg posted a link a few days ago,

Kalyke wrote: »
    Do you have a link or the Optimuss OS 3 Plus? The only image I could find on the Open Vix site was for the the OS-Mini

Yep... Here it's is

http://www.sat-soft.net/forum/dm_eds/index.php?sid=f212cde5fcd257b7cfd065503527f41e

Click the flashing red link on top of page.

It's actually a German Edision dedicated forum! They have downloads for all the major images but the OpenVix one is not actually supported by OpenVix team. I think the guys that run the site tweek an OpenVix image for the Edision. No bad thing as they are committed to their Optimuss boxes and have done a cracking job!

You have to register for the site to download image. I might try and put my image up on a day or two if you can hang about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I think the guys that run the site tweek an OpenVix image for the Edision. No bad thing as they are committed to their Optimuss boxes and have done a cracking job!

Its probably the Vix image for the Technomate Nano 3T with the bootloader modified to run on the Edision.

They are the same receiver made by Dags so should run the same images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭tippguy2

Zardoz wrote: »
    Its probably the Vix image for the Technomate Nano 3T with the bootloader modified to run on the Edision.

Best image I've used to date on the os2+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

tippguy2 wrote: »
    Best image I've used to date on the os2+

Wrong thread for me but I'm using vix on solo2 and its also excellent.

Zardoz wrote: »

Sounds likely, there is no references to Technomate receiver in the image however. All the messages, references, even image of the remote control refers to Optimuss. So they've done a thorough job on cloning it.

On remote logging in, took me a while to crack that. Sounds like yer almost there - on most routers you have to disable firewall to allow access remotely. Are you able to reach your routers log in page using the WAN IP address? Finally, when you can get the Router Log on page remotely you will need to add the port number to end of WAN address to view the box. E.g. 87.47.123.168:80(or whatever port you are forwarding to).

Still no joy with remote access. Have disabled the router firewall but still no luck. Everything seems set up ok but can't access router never mind the box.

Have a new router ordered so will see if I can set it up using this.

As mentioned I am trying to use this over Meteor 4G and wonder do they allow remote access?

Still no joy with remote access. Have disabled the router firewall but still no luck. Everything seems set up ok but can't access router never mind the box.

Have a new router ordered so will see if I can set it up using this.

As mentioned I am trying to use this over Meteor 4G and wonder do they allow remote access?

Have you figured out what your routers WAN IP address is? You should certainly be able to reach this when you try remotely to access. It's not gonna be the same as your LAN IP, which is probably 192.168.1.1 or the likes.

Have you figured out what your routers WAN IP address is? You should certainly be able to reach this when you try remotely to access. It's not gonna be the same as your LAN IP, which is probably 192.168.1.1 or the likes.

Have the router IP address ok. I think the issue maybe the fact that I have a 4G dongle plugged into the router and as such I have a different IP address for both. Not sure how I would work around this.

I am waiting on a new router which does away with the need for the dongle and hoping this will simplify the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Been trialing the Vix image and it seems the most stable so far. Only thing that seems missing compared to the official Vix image is that in the Softcam Manager it doesn't list out anything even if you have one installed.

• Advertisement

dav32cs wrote: »
    Been trialing the Vix image and it seems the most stable so far. Only thing that seems missing compared to the official Vix image is that in the Softcam Manager it doesn't list out anything even if you have one installed.

Would agree it's most stable image I've tried. I prefer OPEN ATV for look/feel, but OpenVix is solid.

Don't agree with your final point.. Might need to check your folders.

Would agree it's most stable image I've tried. I prefer OPEN ATV for look/feel, but OpenVix is solid.

Don't agree with your final point.. Might need to check your folders.

Will check the screen again but everything runs OK so not big deal, just not visible in Softcam Manager menu for enabling startup/stop/start/ restart.

TSPanel or similar could just be installed if it was an issue for anyone (if it did replicate )and wanted these options.

Edit:Uninstalled and reinstalled and are appearing now.

Lads,

Picked this up from the Amiko forum. Great new skin based on sky box.

It's not the BLUE HD that is available in OpenVix feeds - it's ten times better!

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84606-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-3-now-available.html

Been using on OpenVix on my OS3 since weekend and it is flawless. Also really good support and customisation options on the pages where you download it.

Just a thought for those using or used to a Sky skin.

Anyone got streaming to iPhone working on Optimuss box yet?

I've got Dreambox Live App but everyone I open it, it displays a screenshots active channel and then the app closes!

I have to be really quick on the buttons to get yo settings, I've played around with them all and still can't get it to work.

Anyone using on Edidion boxes?

Anyone got streaming to iPhone working on Optimuss box yet?

I've got Dreambox Live App but everyone I open it, it displays a screenshots active channel and then the app closes!

I have to be really quick on the buttons to get yo settings, I've played around with them all and still can't get it to work.

Anyone using on Edidion boxes?

Download Vu Player.

Pretty simple when compared to Dreamdroid but it does the job for viewing your channels or recordings.

Download Vu Player.

Pretty simple when compared to Dreamdroid but it does the job for viewing your channels or recordings.

Hey Dav32,

Looks like just what I need!

Will have a go this weekend and see if it does the job.

Thanks

Hey Dav32,

Looks like just what I need!

Will have a go this weekend and see if it does the job.

Thanks

Another one that I find works better is dream player on Android id say it is same on ios check it out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AtomsForPeace

Lads,

Picked this up from the Amiko forum. Great new skin based on sky box.

It's not the BLUE HD that is available in OpenVix feeds - it's ten times better!

Been using on OpenVix on my OS3 since weekend and it is flawless. Also really good support and customisation options on the pages where you download it.

Just a thought for those using or used to a Sky skin.

Cheers for that.. Tried the skin there and 'tis pretty sweet. A big improvement than the default one from freetv.

This whole thread has been pretty useful...
    Good job boardies!

Download Vu Player.

I tried this last night and it seemed to be a bit stuttery. I was just using on my Lan so speeds etc. Should be ok. It struggled to change channel, audio would come in first then sometimes picture. Maybe need to change done settings.., any thoughts?
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Another one that I find works better is dream player on Android id say it is same on ios check it out too.

Can't find this in App Store, maybe there's is no iOS version?

• Advertisement

Can't find this in App Store, maybe there's is no iOS version?

Ah right sorry mate its probably not there then I been finding it excellent for herself watching the soaps recorded and stuff.

Cheers for that.. Tried the skin there and 'tis pretty sweet. A big improvement than the default one from freetv.

This whole thread has been pretty useful...
    Good job boardies!

No problem,

For anyone who hasn't tried it see some pics of it:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Looking to upgrade the amiko alien 2, is this still there way to go?
    Also where is best place to purchase?
    TIA.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Looking to upgrade the amiko alien 2, is this still there way to go?
    Also where is best place to purchase?
    TIA.

If you can stretch to 280 the vu+ solo2 is the best option mate has a lot of images and plugin and they have xbmc/kodi built in.

I got mine from satexperts.ie with next day delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

Ok so I managed to get OpenVix image loaded up on my box after a complete reset of the thing. Stupidly didn't back up any channel lists. I wouldn't mind re-organising them, but before I start I can't actually see any Soarview channels yet! Any ideas? I followed the guide here but it produced no matches. I have most of the channels in my station list, but they've been found via the dish and not the Saorview tuner as far as I can tell. NB Saorview was working perfectly up to now!

On the settings I've tried by channel 54 (I'm in Bray and fairly certain I should be going for Three Rock or Kippure.

Other settings:
    Yes I've selected tuner C
    User defined transponder
    System I've tried T and T2 - any difference between these?
    Bandwidth 8MHz
    Most of the rest are Auto then three no's at the end of the manual tune list.

g0g wrote: »
    Ok so I managed to get OpenVix image loaded up on my box after a complete reset of the thing. Stupidly didn't back up any channel lists. I wouldn't mind re-organising them, but before I start I can't actually see any Soarview channels yet! Any ideas? I followed the guide here but it produced no matches. I have most of the channels in my station list, but they've been found via the dish and not the Saorview tuner as far as I can tell. NB Saorview was working perfectly up to now!

On the settings I've tried by channel 54 (I'm in Bray and fairly certain I should be going for Three Rock or Kippure.

Other settings:
    Yes I've selected tuner C
    User defined transponder
    System I've tried T and T2 - any difference between these?
    Bandwidth 8MHz
    Most of the rest are Auto then three no's at the end of the manual tune list.

Run a auto scan of dvb-t and it should pick them up.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Run a auto scan of dvb-t and it should pick them up.
    Nice on thanks, that did the job!

Now if I could just format the hard drive I'd be laughing! Keeps giving an error when I try to re-initialise it or even run a file check on it. Any thoughts?

Nice on thanks, that did the job!

Now if I could just format the hard drive I'd be laughing! Keeps giving an error when I try to re-initialise it or even run a file check on it. Any thoughts?

If the format option in the image doesn't work you'll need to take it out and format it on your PC with a sata to USB cable or if you have an enclosure. I use paragon partition manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AtomsForPeace

I tried both VU Player and the Dreambox one.. Not that impressed.. The latter didn't work at all.
    Got more joy just going to the local ip of the box on a browser.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    If the format option in the image doesn't work you'll need to take it out and format it on your PC with a sata to USB cable or if you have an enclosure. I use paragon partition manager.
    Thanks, will give that a go. Just to be clear, I don't need to partition it any special way? Your reference to Paragon is just the tool you use from your box?

Also, are all four ITV's and BBC's available in HD on FTA? I find them all but don't get picture on all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

All BBC HDs are free but only ITV1 HD and CH4 HD. ITV2,3,4 HD are encrypted. Sd are free.

• Advertisement

Thanks, will give that a go. Just to be clear, I don't need to partition it any special way? Your reference to Paragon is just the tool you use from your box?

Also, are all four ITV's and BBC's available in HD on FTA? I find them all but don't get picture on all

Paragon partition manager is for windows. As said below all the BBC's are fta in HD, HD itv2-4 only available on sky.

OPEN ATV 5.2 released - Beta Image

Anyone tried the latest OATV 5.2 image (released 13.02) yet? Beta version available for download here now:

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/5.2/

Thought I'd never move away from OATV but Been using OpenVix for last month and finding it a lot more stable.... I'm Tempted though...

OPEN ATV 5.2 released - Beta Image

Anyone tried the latest OATV 5.2 image (released 13.02) yet? Beta version available for download here now:

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/5.2/

Thought I'd never move away from OATV but Been using OpenVix for last month and finding it a lot more stable.... I'm Tempted though...

Have gone with it so will let you know how I get on.

So far so good.:(

Have gone with it so will let you know how I get on.

So far so good.:(

Interesting.... Keep me posted!

Interesting.... Keep me posted!

Well i just flashed a fresh image and did a clean install scanning all channels etc. Didn't restore any of my previous settings and the only additional plugin I downloaded was the crossepg. Picked up the wifi network no problems using the dongle as the driver is part of the standard image which isn't always the case with other images.

Downloaded new updates this morning before heading to work so will see how it behaves.

First impressions are that it seems quicker to zap through the channels and, don't know if it is just me, the HD picture seems better/brighter.

I do notice (and this was always the case with me since openatv 4.2) that if you continually flick between channels that it will eventually hang.

Well i just flashed a fresh image and did a clean install scanning all channels etc. Didn't restore any of my previous settings and the only additional plugin I downloaded was the crossepg. Picked up the wifi network no problems using the dongle as the driver is part of the standard image which isn't always the case with other images.

Downloaded new updates this morning before heading to work so will see how it behaves.

First impressions are that it seems quicker to zap through the channels and, don't know if it is just me, the HD picture seems better/brighter.

I do notice (and this was always the case with me since openatv 4.2) that if you continually flick between channels that it will eventually hang.

Sounds promising.. I know what u mean about 'hanging' tho. I think there is a lot of processes running in the background in OATV which in the end affect performance.

It's got the best looking skins, best EPG and Enhanced Movie centre is best looking player ....

But... OpenVix has literally not crashed since I installed it. With OATV I was round the back of the machine hard rebooting every evening!

Thanks for update.

No problem,

For anyone who hasn't tried it see some pics of it:
    Can you tell us how to load this please? Not to familiar with FTP

Can you tell us how to load this please? Not to familiar with FTP

Save the file to a usb stick and insert it into front of box it should go to install it or does the edision not work that way??

jayo26 wrote: »
    Save the file to a usb stick and insert it into front of box it should go to install it or does the edision not work that way??
    Will give that a try

Actually just read the instructions

Instructions.

1. Download latest IPK file

2. Copy IPK file to /var/volatile/tmp

3. Install on OpenAtv

How do I copy the file over?

Will give that a try

Actually just read the instructions

Instructions.

1. Download latest IPK file

2. Copy IPK file to /var/volatile/tmp

3. Install on OpenAtv

How do I copy the file over?
    I have box wired to home network, so I see it as a device from the PC. I just copied like any file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement