Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Kalyke wrote: »
    Will give that a try

Actually just read the instructions

Instructions.

1. Download latest IPK file

2. Copy IPK file to /var/volatile/tmp

3. Install on OpenAtv

How do I copy the file over?

Not if front of box so doing this from memory.

If you have the ipk downloaded onto a usb then plug this into the usb port. If you hit the blue button on the remote you should see an option on the left for plugins, select this and then there should be an option on the right to install extension or could be install ipk. If you select this then you should be able to select the usb and then the ipk and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

g0g wrote: »
    I have box wired to home network, so I see it as a device from the PC. I just copied like any file.

Not quite...

You'll need a program like FileZilla to do the copying over. It's free to download and pretty easy to use.

What image are you using? OpenATV, OpenVix?

OpenATV lets you use the USB key method TheAlm was talking about. Not sure if OpenVix lets you use that.

Anyone successfully put IPTV streams in channel bouquets yet?

I've half cracked it but struggling to understand how lamedb file interacts with user bouquets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dherbage

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me from their own personal experiences what is the best image to use with the Edision Optimuss OS3 Plus box, I am currently using an old HDFreaks image and starting experiencing difficulties yesterday so I tried to do an online update but kept failing so now I am gonna try a manual update but then I have to reinstall epg and everything I already have set up, is there a better image out there and is there an easier way to update the image?

many thanks,

dellboy.

dherbage wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me from their own personal experiences what is the best image to use with the Edision Optimuss OS3 Plus box, I am currently using an old HDFreaks image and starting experiencing difficulties yesterday so I tried to do an online update but kept failing so now I am gonna try a manual update but then I have to reinstall epg and everything I already have set up, is there a better image out there and is there an easier way to update the image?

many thanks,

dellboy.

I found HDF to be stable on these boxes although I am experimenting with different images, Openvix gets good mentions on here. I would try a fresh install of HDF first.

Under the same settings for the software update there should be an option to save settings, do this first. I would then download the latest HDF image to a PC/Laptop and extract the zipped file to a USB stick so that you have a file on the root of the USB called 'update'.

Turn the box off using the switch at the back, remove any USB's you have attached to the rear. Plug the USB with the update folder into the front USB port and turn on the box. There should be a message appear on the TV to press the - channel button (press the one on the front of the box and not the remote) this will then upgrade. Once done you will be asked to remove the usb and turn the box off and on.

The box will reboot and should go through the setup process again and along the way it should ask to restore settings.

Hopefully you should get back up and running with the same setup as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AtomsForPeace

Hi Guys,

many thanks,

dellboy.

Like others on this thread.. I was on the default openAtv 4.2? that comes pre-installed on the box from freetv.ie. That was grand but did crash occasionally..
    I switched to OpenVix and it has only crashed once in two weeks.. Seems more stable for sure.
    I Can't speak for an easier way to update the image.. It is straightforward enough. Lamp it on to a usb key and away you go.

Thanks THE ALM,
    I followed your post advice and it all worked and was updated.
    Where can I download an OpenVix image?
    Regards, dellboy

Thanks THE ALM,
    I followed your post advice and it all worked and was updated.
    Where can I download an OpenVix image?
    Regards, dellboy

From this site...

http://www.sat-soft.net/forum/index.php?sid=4ab82c4de618ee4cf84b338fd06742d6

But you will need to register first. There is a flashing red link at the top. It's also an Edision forum so some answers to popular Efision Qs on there. Btw it's in German but there is a google translate option n top right of every page - Handy!

The default skin on OpenVix is pretty poor. Consider do loading the Blue HD from their plugin downloads in the image ... Or better still install this great SKY Copycat skin

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84606-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-3-now-available.html

Good luck!

Thanks PartyMack, I'll give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 paulkeano

Hi,

I am on the sat-soft.netforum and looking to download the OpenVix image having read the reviews on here. There is no section for Optimus OS3 +. Can anyone confirm which image to use?

BTW, this forum is fantastic!!

Paul.

paulkeano wrote: »
    Hi,

I am on the sat-soft.netforum and looking to download the OpenVix image having read the reviews on here. There is no section for Optimus OS3 +. Can anyone confirm which image to use?

BTW, this forum is fantastic!!

Paul.

You need register on the site first, then when you log in there is a flashing red banner along the top. Click on this and it will list all the images and if you scroll down there is one for openvix os3+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi guys,

I recently bought a quad combo box with 1TB HDD running OpenVix to replace Sky. I'm now thinking of getting a 2nd box for the 2nd TV in the house but don't need quad functionality although I'd like the user experience to be the same as the Vix image on the main box.

I only require a twin tuner as I don't need simultaneous watch and record functionality in this location but I do want it to be configured with an internal HDD and a Wifi dongle for updates, Openwebif, KODI etc. (I know Wifi dongles aren't great but it's the only option possible in this location)

Is this Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Edision-Combo-HD-Linux-Receivers/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 a "lite" version of the OS 3 Plus? Configured with a 500gb HDD it comes in at +/- €190 which is attractive but I don't want to penny pinch if spending a few more €'s would get me a much better box in terms of processor, RAM etc.

Any advice/suggestions whether I should go for the Mini or the 3 Plus and if the 3 Plus where can it be bought as I can't find any box described as an "Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus" available on WOS or FreeTV.ie etc. All I can find are what I think are the same as the Mini box I linked to above configured with 2 X DVB-S2 internal tuners and one external USB DVB-T2 tuner described as "Edision OS Mini Triple Tuner's" e.g. http://www.freetv.ie/edision-optimuss-os-3-plus.html

Are the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus boxes this thread is about the same as the "Edision OS Mini Triple Tuner's" FreeTV are selling?

Having looked at the specs it seems to me that this Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Technomate-Combo-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR is identical to the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus. Are they exactly the same box with just different branding?? If so it looks like a very impressive box with 1.3Ghz processor and 1gb RAM etc which with a 500gb HDD would cost circa €285.

I'm very confused dot com :confused: and would appreciate it if someone could put me straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Kalyke wrote: »
    Can you tell us how to load this please? Not to familiar with FTP

Install filezilla on your pc and set up the box as a site. Then its just a matter of drag and drop.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭g0g

On the Filezilla front, for any fellow newbies like me I thought I'd share some tips. First you need the IP address of box which you can see in the info menu on it. Secondly Filezilla asked me fora username and password. I finally found that user is "root" and leave the password field blank. The filezilla defaults wouldn't work!

Got the Sky-style skin set up and it looks great thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

On filezilla use dreambox as password on any fresh image or one that has,nt had password change you be able to log in .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Is this Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Edision-Combo-HD-Linux-Receivers/Edision-os-mini-combo-dvb-c-t-t2-dvb-s-s2 a "lite" version of the OS 3 Plus? Configured with a 500gb HDD it comes in at +/- €190 which is attractive but I don't want to penny pinch if spending a few more €'s would get me a much better box in terms of processor, RAM etc.

Freetv.ie are much cheaper than WOS and you are supporting an Irish company .
    Any advice/suggestions whether I should go for the Mini or the 3 Plus and if the 3 Plus where can it be bought as I can't find any box described as an "Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus" available on WOS or FreeTV.ie etc. All I can find are what I think are the same as the Mini box I linked to above configured with 2 X DVB-S2 internal tuners and one external USB DVB-T2 tuner described as "Edision OS Mini Triple Tuner's" e.g. http://www.freetv.ie/edision-optimuss-os-3-plus.html

I think the OS 3 plus has been discontinued.
    The OS2 plus is still available,same receiver but no built in terrestrial tuner.
    Are the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus boxes this thread is about the same as the "Edision OS Mini Triple Tuner's" FreeTV are selling?

No ,they are different receivers.
    The OS3 plus has a faster processor,more Ram,a front display ,it accepts an internal hard drive and has a built in terrestrial tuner.
    The OS Mini is a cut down version os the Os Plus.
    The OS mini does have wifi built in though .
    Having looked at the specs it seems to me that this Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/combo-digital-cable-terrestrial-satellite-receivers/Technomate-Combo-Linux-HD-Receivers/Technomate-TM-Nano-3T-COMBO-Enigma-2-HD-Receiver-PVR is identical to the Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus. Are they exactly the same box with just different branding?? If so it looks like a very impressive box with 1.3Ghz processor and 1gb RAM etc which with a 500gb HDD would cost circa €285.

Yes ,its the same box but different branding .
    They are both made by Dags in Korea .

However the Technomate seems to have much better software and runs better .

For a second tv room Id say the twin tuner Edision OS Mini should do you fine .
    It cant really be beaten for the money.

Dont buy the triple version of the OS Mini off Freetv btw ,the third tuner is just a cheap usb tuner you can buy yourself for alot less should you need it.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yes ,its the same box but different branding .
    They are both made by Dags in Korea .

However the Technomate seems to have much better software and runs better .

Thanks Zardoz, that was the clincher for me. Just ordered the Technomate Nano-3T COMBO with 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2, a built in 500gb HDD and the latest Vix image flashed on it.

I know it's a bit OTT for a 2nd TV but it's so much better than the OS Mini and I'll be using it long term so I think it's worth investing a bit extra for the quality.

Should be here mid week. Once I have that and the other boxes up and running it will be by bye Sky for once and for all.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Typical. Barely got one box up and running and now buying another. We should have warned you this lark is highly addictive :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Thanks Zardoz, that was the clincher for me. Just ordered the Technomate Nano-3T COMBO with 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2, a built in 500gb HDD and the latest Vix image flashed on it.

I know it's a bit OTT for a 2nd TV but it's so much better than the OS Mini and I'll be using it long term so I think it's worth investing a bit extra for the quality.

Should be here mid week. Once I have that and the other boxes up and running it will be by bye Sky for once and for all.

Can't wait.

Well you wont go wrong with the Nano-3T ,I have one and its a really good receiver.
    Ive hardly ever had an issue with it .

Pretty good value too ;185 off WOS,that's ~235-240 euro .
    Best of luck with it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

One buys the box, but isn't it the same cost to view channels?

• Advertisement

Typical. Barely got one box up and running and now buying another. We should have warned you this lark is highly addictive :D

Sure I'm an expert now Gerry ;)

Thanks to Gerry, Dubrov and a couple of others on another thread I started a couple of weeks ago I now have my quad tuner up and running and the confidence to cut the cord with Sky.

I still have a lot to learn (still can't get channel numbers showing in the EGP :() but I'm getting there.

I'm in the Stillorgan/Sandyford area and need an external Saorview ariel fixed to the existing Sat Dish mount and a couple of cables run to the two new boxes.

Anyone got any suggestions for who I should contact?

Please PM me if it's against protocol to openly suggest service providers.

One buys the box, but isn't it the same cost to view channels?

Hi BTBW, nice seeing you here instead of the LFC thread. Pity about the result this evening but City were the better team.

These boxes allow you to watch UK and Irish free to air channels such as RTE, BBC, ITV, Sky News etc. There's about 185 channels total.

You can't view the paid Sky channels e.g. Sky Movies and Sky Sports on these boxes.

You can't view the paid Sky channels e.g. Sky Movies and Sky Sports on these boxes.

Not legally anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thats debatable ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

jayo26 wrote: »
    Thats debatable ;)

So you can. Its why people who buy these boxes say '' its goodbye to sky'' .
    Its the reason people buy boxes with such huge capabilities. For the options.
    I might get one, for the freeview..

Hey all,

I have had an issue with my box now for approx 2 weeks where some of my channels are not working, say for instance I only have some sports channels working, others just dont work and its the same for all other groups, some stations work and others dont.
    I have downloaded and updated my box with the latest HDFreaks image and still the same, could it be my broadband supplier, I have another box, a Wetek and I am having terrible other issues with it but I know its down to my broadband supplier (Vodafone) and they have had changes recently with the launch of vodafone Tv and their DNS servers keeps changing ip's etc but this had not been affecting my Edision Optimuss OS3+.
    I re-installed my CCCam and rebooted my router etc..
    Any suggestions??

Kind regards,

Dellboy...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dav32cs

Hey all,

I have had an issue with my box now for approx 2 weeks where some of my channels are not working, say for instance I only have some sports channels working, others just dont work and its the same for all other groups, some stations work and others dont.
    I have downloaded and updated my box with the latest HDFreaks image and still the same, could it be my broadband supplier, I have another box, a Wetek and I am having terrible other issues with it but I know its down to my broadband supplier (Vodafone) and they have had changes recently with the launch of vodafone Tv and their DNS servers keeps changing ip's etc but this had not been affecting my Edision Optimuss OS3+.
    I re-installed my CCCam and rebooted my router etc..
    Any suggestions??

Kind regards,

Dellboy...

Did you do a channel scan or AutoBouquets?

Check the signal you are getting on the channels to see if it has dropped and have a look on your dish side too.

Along the lines of dav above it sounds like Signal issue. Are you using the two satelite tuners and if so have you got a signal into the the two tuners from lnb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Use this link if needed download latest satellite xml then open dcc or filezilla goto etc then go to tuxbox delete old satellite xml and ftp over new satellite xml then restart gui .

Then goto menu/setup /Service searhing /Manual scan / then goto type of scan change to

single satellite
    satellite = 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
    Network scan = yes
    Clear before scan = yes
    Only free scan = ?

This won.t delete any favorites you have setup but you will see na on old ones that have change freq just press up on remote then press menu and pick remove entry follow the steps .

Then you can go back to main list press up on the remote green for satellite pick 28.e services look for new channels scan in when found and highlighted press menu add service to bouquets pick what ever one you want and press ok .

http://satellites-xml.org/ Thanks to the openvix Team .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 igs2013

Hey all.new to this sat boxes set up ,but slowly getting my head around .can any one tell how to enable /set up kodi and some add ons on os2+

• Advertisement

Hey all,
    Many thanks for all your responses to my initial thread, I did a channel scan and updated the autobouquets and all the channels that weren't working are now working again.
    Another quick question, I have updated to the latest HDFreaks image and it looks great and no particular issues there but I am hearing a lot more about OpenVix, is it worth while changing to that?
    Finally is there any skins to change to which will give me a more Sky Like channel menu, where/how do I get it and install it?

many thanks,

dellboy :-)

Hey all,
    Many thanks for all your responses to my initial thread, I did a channel scan and updated the autobouquets and all the channels that weren't working are now working again.
    Another quick question, I have updated to the latest HDFreaks image and it looks great and no particular issues there but I am hearing a lot more about OpenVix, is it worth while changing to that?
    Finally is there any skins to change to which will give me a more Sky Like channel menu, where/how do I get it and install it?

many thanks,

If you have it working I'd say leave well alone! I'm having a few issues with reboots on hdf. Think its time for me to do a fresh install though. Been updating every few days for the past 6 months. Think that's what's killing it really because I know there is plenty of people having no issues. I'm just a sucker for an update!

Hi guys,

So I just got my Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus (dressed up as a Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2) and I want to install it but I don't know how to install the Wifi dongle I ordered with it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions? I assume I have to load some drivers from the CD that came with the dongle but there isn't a CD drive on the box obviously.

Forgive the total newbie question.

Hi guys,

So I just got my Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus (dressed up as a Technomate TM-Nano-3T COMBO Receiver 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2) and I want to install it but I don't know how to install the Wifi dongle I ordered with it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions? I assume I have to load some drivers from the CD that came with the dongle but there isn't a CD drive on the box obviously.

Forgive the total newbie question.

Depends on the image but they nearly all have a drivers section in the plugins menu under the green button. Just a matter of figuring out what driver you need.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Depends on the image but they nearly all have a drivers section in the plugins menu under the green button. Just a matter of figuring out what driver you need.

Thanks Jim,

Here's my little dilemma.

Box has the latest Vix image, is plugged in and getting FreeSat channels etc. (Haven't plugged a Saorview aerial into it yet)

The WiFi dongle is plugged in but not being seen by the network set up wizard. If I go into plugins the green button to "download plugins" returns an error message saying plugins can't be downloaded as the box isn't connected to the interweb.

Bit of a catch 22.

The drivers should be RTL8188/8192 as that's what's on the mini CD which came with the box and I obviously can't FTP the drivers to the box either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Jim,

Here's my little dilemma.

Box has the latest Vix image, is plugged in and getting FreeSat channels etc. (Haven't plugged a Saorview aerial into it yet)

The WiFi dongle is plugged in but not being seen by the network set up wizard. If I go into plugins the green button to "download plugins" returns an error message saying plugins can't be downloaded as the box isn't connected to the interweb.

Bit of a catch 22.

The drivers should be RTL8188/8192 as that's what's on the mini CD which came with the box and I obviously can't FTP the drivers to the box either.

Any suggestions?

I've never seen a dongle not work on any recent Vix image, are you sure it's a compatible dongle and it is working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYeR0CGAfJM

There's a video for Vix4E2 so same layout as Vix.

Once you get it to pick up it's straight forward.

Put it in and see can you swap to WLAN in Menu>Setup>System>Network

Hey all,

many thanks,

The Vix is probably a better image for beginners for ease of use.

Once you flash it and set it up, you can download a skin called 'Vix Blue HD' from the feeds straight to the box or download a new 'Slyk1' skin if you download the file after Googling for it and then installing it by FTPing it to the /tmp folder of your box with a program like Filezilla and then installing it manually through Blue button>Vix>Install Local Extensions

dav32cs wrote: »
    I've never seen a dongle not work on any recent Vix image, are you sure it's a compatible dongle and it is working?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYeR0CGAfJM

There's a video for Vix4E2 so same layout as Vix.

Once you get it to pick up it's straight forward.

Put it in and see can you swap to WLAN in Menu>Setup>System>Network

Thanks Dav,

The video is perfect and I can follow it all the way to System -> Network -> Device setup but where in the video the person is presented with the option of choosing a LAN or WLAN connection I don't get any such choice. I seem to skip that step and go straight to the next menu of Adapter Settings, Nameserver Settings etc.

I tried the dongle in all three USB ports (rebooting the machine each time) but it's the same story each time.

I guess it's possible the Wifi dongle isn't suitable for the device (although it was offered as an option when purchasing the box from WOS or it's possible it's a dud but I really don't think so.

I'll have to stick at it.

Plug in an Ethernet cable, download the drivers and then try the dongle again.

• Advertisement

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Plug in an Ethernet cable, download the drivers and then try the dongle again.

Thanks Jim, I'll give that a crack this evening.

Thanks Jim, I'll give that a crack this evening.

You will probably have to connect a network cable and download the drivers as mentioned. I have a generic wifi dongle that also requires the 8192 drivers which I have working ok. The drivers are standard on the openatv image but I need to download them if using the hdf image and some others so there shouldn't be a problem getting it up and running.

You may find that when you download them that you will have to reboot the box and then set up the wifi connection.

dav32cs wrote: »
    The Vix is probably a better image for beginners for ease of use.

Once you flash it and set it up, you can download a skin called 'Vix Blue HD' from the feeds straight to the box or download a new 'Slyk1' skin if you download the file after Googling for it and then installing it by FTPing it to the /tmp folder of your box with a program like Filezilla and then installing it manually through Blue button>Vix>Install Local Extensions

Thanks, I'll try that straight away, sounds handy...

Hi guys,

I connected up a 320GB sata hdd internally on my box last night and it is not being recognised by the system, when I take it out and plug it in to the rear usb ports there is no problem, is there anything I need to do to get the hdd up and running as an internal device connected to the mother board with the sata cable?

thanks...

Hi guys,

I connected up a 320GB sata hdd internally on my box last night and it is not being recognised by the system, when I take it out and plug it in to the rear usb ports there is no problem, is there anything I need to do to get the hdd up and running as an internal device connected to the mother board with the sata cable?

thanks...

Did you go to mount devices and initialize it??

jayo26 wrote: »
    Did you go to mount devices and initialize it??

I did but it just shows up blank, there is nothing there to initialize, when it is plugged into a hdd enclosure and via the rear usb ports it is there but not via sata connection on the board, wasn't sure whether there was drivers or something to load first to see it?

• Advertisement

THE ALM wrote: »
    You will probably have to connect a network cable and download the drivers as mentioned. I have a generic wifi dongle that also requires the 8192 drivers which I have working ok. The drivers are standard on the openatv image but I need to download them if using the hdf image and some others so there shouldn't be a problem getting it up and running.

You may find that when you download them that you will have to reboot the box and then set up the wifi connection.

Hi THE ALM and all,

So I decided tonight is the night to get all this sorted. I unplugged the box and moved it to a TV where I can get an ethernet cable to and installed the RTL8192 driver, powered the box off, plugged in the USB Wifi adapter powered the box on again and bingo I had the choice oif WLAN or LAN connections so I powered off again, unplugged the box and re-installed it back in it's original location.

The challenge I have is I have been able to input my Wifi password successfully I'm still not getting a connection.

See

2v0kbk4.jpg

and

e1drtt.jpg

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭red bellied

Hi THE ALM and all,

So I decided tonight is the night to get all this sorted. I unplugged the box and moved it to a TV where I can get an ethernet cable to and installed the RTL8192 driver, powered the box off, plugged in the USB Wifi adapter powered the box on again and bingo I had the choice oif WLAN or LAN connections so I powered off again, unplugged the box and re-installed it back in it's original location.

The challenge I have is I have been able to input my Wifi password successfully I'm still not getting a connection.

See

2v0kbk4.jpg

and

e1drtt.jpg

Any suggestions?

Try rebooting the box after connecting to wireless to see if it activates it.

^^ Good idea RB, I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Get the odd WiFi issue like that and I think I unplug and plug the WiFi dongle back in to resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi all,

I've lost a couple of channels one of these is Horror. What frequency (manual) should I be tuning?

• Advertisement
Advertisement