Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lay Lay Lay all Day

Options
  • 04-01-2015 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have decided for the upcoming year to lay a specific jockeys mounts. I am choosing amateur Paddy Mullins. Now before I start I have no problems at all with the guy, he's one of the best horse men and in fact has won me a few quid over the time. My reasons are he rides a lot of bumper horses who are FTO for his father and usually they go off much shorter then they should so I'm just gonna see how it goes it's more for fun then profit at all

In going to lay €10 at a time with a max liability of €30. (These figures might change at time to time)

If I make a few quid I'll personally buy the man a pint at punchestown this time next year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭timex711

A trickey start to this as he has a ride in a bumper that doesn't seem to a progressive type at all. So for the start im going to try and be safe and and lay the place

Place Lay @2.1
    Liability €11
    Potential profit €10

A bad start and I knew it would be tricky. Patrick giving a brilliant ride taking a wide course to win the race.

Balance:€-11

Sorry I have been having problems, but I have still had a bet

He ran 2 races since last time winning one. I only laid one as I couldn't get matched on another for a reasonable lay. I laid patrick at Fairyhouse on what connections call a huge prospect so I wasn't to confident going into it

Laid au quart de tour @1.7 for €14
    Liability €9.80

New balance is
    €-20.80

4.15 Thurles
    Lay: Prince de Beauchene @1.9 for €11
    Liability: €9.90

Balance before race: -€20.80

The man is on fire just my luck

Balance €-30.70

• Advertisement

Hopefully a good weekend as yesterday I laid paddy a mount in the bumper @1.6 for €16.5 which came through

Today I'm laying his mount in the bumper at leopardstown , a new comer who will need to run and is once again too short in my eyes at 1/1 in which looks a top bumper race with a few winners to come out of it. I'm laying him @2.12 for €9 with a liability of €10.08

Balance after we are matched
    €-24.18

Advertisement