Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with code

Options
  • 04-01-2015 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone might be able to help with an issue I'm having. I'm using a wordpress theme which is throwing up the following error when trying to load the site:

Fatal error: Class 'VA_Listing_Info_Edit' not found in /..../public_html/wp-content/themes/vantage/includes/listing-form.php on line 13

This class is contained in the attached file and I can't seem to see the error. The theme support has expired so I can't get help there. Thanks in advance if anyone takes a look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

I just had a quick look and there appears to be two declarations of the VA_Listing_Info_Purchase class. See Line 16 and Line 133.

The first declaration appears to be rogue code.
    [COLOR="Red"][B]class VA_Listing_Info_Purchase extends VA_Listing_Info_Edit{

public function __construct(){
    		$this->setup( 'edit-listing', array(
    			'priority' => 2,
    			'register_to' => array( 'create-listing' => array( 'after' => 'purchase-listing' ) ),
    	        ));
    	}[/B][/COLOR]class VA_Listing_Info_Edit extends VA_Checkout_Step{

Try removing the code highlighted above from Line 16 and you may end up with some valid PHP code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Hey, thanks for having a look that for me. I removed those lines and replaced the file, cleared cache etc but I am still getting the same error as before.

Any chance you could zip up the theme file and PM me the link so I can look at all of the code?

The PHP class VA_Listing_Info_Edit extends another class VA_Checkout_Step which isn't in that file.

The issue is to do with the loading of the VA_Checkout_Step class. Your version of the theme is quite old and presumably the developers fixed the class auto loading issue in a later release.

Move lines 13 & 14 to the end of the file and it should fix the issue.
    new VA_Listing_Info_Edit;
    new VA_Listing_Info_Purchase;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Thank you so much, that worked!

• Advertisement
Advertisement