Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

endurance to race

• 04-01-2015 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

any you guys make the switch from endurance bike to race geometry bike.how did you find the diffrence?would you recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm not switching altogether but after 23000km on a Trek alpha (H2 fit) which is probably slightly too big a frame for me but I've never had a problem with comfort wise I've acquired a Felt F1, when I looked at the geometry of both bikes the reach was pretty much identical on both frames but the stack is much less, so I have a more aggressive position, even with the stem having a couple of spacers both under and over it, I've only 435km done on it so far with a longest spin of 130, so far I'm happy enough, though I will say that when I got back on the Trek after that 130km spin it felt like getting into a big old comfortable armchair.

TBH if it's your first bike I'd be slow to go for something super aggressive, but that really depends on your current fitness, flexibility and core strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭willdill

iv been on a giant defy 3 for nearly a year now with that i think it may be a bit big(its medium and some say i should be a small )iv decided to up grade to carbon and better gears(sora are rubbish imo)i was 100% on the synapse till i seen the super 6 in the shop at a decent price too.have done couple 200k spins on the defy so was just wondering about switching.in pretty good shape and fittness would be half decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

In my experience it doesn't take long to adapt to an aggressive position. Maybe a week or two of regular riding. I'd say it depends more on flexibility than anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

depends on flexibility and core work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

willdill wrote: »
    any you guys make the switch from endurance bike to race geometry bike.how did you find the diffrence?would you recommend?

It takes practise in the new position. You might find yourself going slower or perceiving that you can't put out the same amount of power. But with a few weeks practice you should be back to normal or faster.

• Advertisement

is there a diffrence with the aero frames.also a really good price on a NeilPryde Alize Ultegra 6800 bike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,166 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Has your Synapse arrived yet? :pac:

Seems like you're suffering from standard expensive-bike-ready-for-collection panic.

ha ha how did you guess gid never thought upgrading could be so bloody tough 😂😂😂

Advertisement