Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car annual service

Options
  • 04-01-2015 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone could please recommend a car service center? which doesnt over charge for changing oil, etc

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Anyone could please recommend a car service center? which doesnt over charge for changing oil, etc

4motion garage on gaol road. Just up from the cinema.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I use Tommy Campion out the Johnswell road and I find him good and reasonable.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭masterboy123

is that somewhere near Lidl?
    I use Tommy Campion out the Johnswell road and I find him good and reasonable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

is that somewhere near Lidl?

Keep going past the Pococke golf club, he's give or take five km off the ring road.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Speed garage in hebron is new and is very good. I tried them out recently for a service....The reason i gave them a go is because they will collect the car from your house/work when it suits you and return it when they are finished with it. Its a new garage at the back of the REC premises up behind the Mitsubishi motors garage.

• Advertisement

Cool,
    i will check it out.

How is garage opposite to TOPS petrol pump near Irishtown ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Some charge more than others. You can buy oil for €20 or €60 a gal. You can pay €30 or €130 an hour for labour. Some lads will do just as you ask and bugger all else. Others will give the whole car the once over and tell you what else needs to be done so that you won't be left stranded before your next service. In other words, in most cases, you get what you pay for. Cheapest is not always best.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Cool,
    i will check it out.

I use that garage all the time. Brilliant service and does a full check. He gives you a report afterwards with details on the condition of your car

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Cool,
    i will check it out.

I've been using autofix for years - on my third car with them now - generally seem honest - prices have gone up a bit recently but at least they are straight and I have never felt they have ripped me off - they only do what needs to be done to a car which is a big change from a lot of our "native" garages(...from my experience anyway..)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

+1 for 4 Motion
    Used them for a couple of years when I was there and they were excellent.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone.

Looks like both the 4motion and Autofix are good and reliable. I will check them out soon.

Advertisement