Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot my pin

Options
  • 04-01-2015 9:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Can I find it on my Bank Statements. It has my account number on it & iban number. I tried rining but their closed at this hour & I can't wait.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Can I find it on my Bank Statements. It has my account number on it & iban number. I tried rining but their closed at this hour & I can't wait.

Any bank I've ever used will only send a pin reminder out by post. You won't find it anywhere other than the original pin letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It wont be on your statements

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

If you mean the PIN to your bank card, it won't be on your statements. If you need to get it reset, it takes a couple of working days for them to send you a new one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    It wont be on your statements

What about receipts?

What about receipts?

Nope

Think about the security/fraud risks if it were printed anywhere.

I'd start thinking about a plan B, you're not going to get a pin reminder for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

What about receipts?

No, think how dangerous that would be. As the others have said you will have to request a new pin which the bank will send by post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭DarkyHughes

Spocker wrote: »
    If you mean the PIN to your bank card, it won't be on your statements. If you need to get it reset, it takes a couple of working days for them to send you a new one

Well i mean the pin for my bank card to an ATM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

See all the replies, basically you'll be lucky to have it by the end of the week. Sorry!

Same applies, apart from the original pin notification, you won't find it anywhere and no bank will be able to give it to you over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Some of yet them banks give pin reminders with their online banking, who you with?

• Advertisement
Advertisement