Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Schools

Options
  • 04-01-2015 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone could help me.

I am looking to teach abroad. I have a BA, MA and PGDE so what I am referring to is not TEFL.

I spent a summer in Malawi some time ago, and became friendly with some of the Irish and English International teachers there.

Alas, I have no contacts for these people now, but would be very curious as to how these people got these jobs in International School; rather, whether they applied directly to school, or is there a website/organisation that carries vacancies for schools around the world.

I did find a useful site called 'Teacher Horizons', which focused mainly on Asia. I personally would love to return to Africa!!

So anyway, if anyone knows of any approaches or advice on teaching in an International School abroad, I would be much obliged if you could let me know.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Dave0301

The TES website has a wide range of jobs advertised around the world including Africa. Here is a link to their site.

Applying to jobs there will mean you deal with the school directly. There are of course a number of agencies that will assist with securing you a place in various locales around the world, but my experience with that is limited!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks, will check that out...hadn't thought of TES.

Advertisement