Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I just moved to Dublin. Is it difficult to find work in Dublin in retail? I'm just panicking at the moment that I won't find anything and i need to do so within the next few weeks

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Tough time to find a retail job a lot of permanent positions cropping up now will be quickly filled by people who had temp jobs with the company over Christmas.

There are jobs out there hope you are able to find one soon!

Jobs fairy on Twitter often posts retail jobs with independents worth a look there.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Not going to lie, you couldn't have picked a worse time to go looking for a job in retail. Your best option at this point would be to keep an eye on upcoming business openings, new shops and things like that, and then apply for those openings.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not going to lie, you couldn't have picked a worse time to go looking for a job in retail. Your best option at this point would be to keep an eye on upcoming business openings, new shops and things like that, and then apply for those openings.

Costa in dun Laoghaire (in the easons store) are looking for people? Just in case that helps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Also keep an eye on the jobs section of the Dublin City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 babymamma

Hi All
    I have advertised for sales person , this position is for 2 days a week 5 hrs per day rate very good. Must have some experience. West Dublin . Start in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 babymamma

Hi There
    Looking for Sales person with experience indoors/outdoors
    Starting May 2 days a week hours will increase , this is small business.
    Making appointments +meeting Clients. Rate per hour very good.
    Dublin.22

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It's been two years, they probably got a job (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 20 David delaney

Just wondering where the best place to go a get a part time job for my 15 year old son thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Just wondering where the best place to go a get a part time job for my 15 year old son thanks in advance

To be completely honest, under 17s require a different risk assessment and are frankly, pretty useless at the best of times. I'm sure yours is the exception but I used to frequently get parents applying for their kids, CV was immediately 'put on file'.

You really need to know someone who knows your lad and will take them on, on that basis.

Advertisement