Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickest bus in the morning 46a or 7??

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hello there, I am starting a new job near to St Vincents hospital and I am just wondering which bus is the quickest to get me there the 46a or the 7?
    I would be getting it from Dun laoghaire about 8.40 and need to be there for 9.30 am if not earlier
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

mumto1 wrote: »
    Hello there, I am starting a new job near to St Vincents hospital and I am just wondering which bus is the quickest to get me there the 46a or the 7?
    I would be getting it from Dun laoghaire about 8.40 and need to be there for 9.30 am if not earlier
    cheers

7, as 46a does not go by St Vincents.
    The Dart would be the quickest actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

The dart would be much much faster. The traffic can get really bad through blackrock and there are no bus lanes. I have a bus stop 2 mins from my front door and I still walk 10 mins to the dart

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

Ok perfect thanks which dart stop do I get off at thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Sydney Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

cheers
    Get a bike. It'll take 20 minutes to cycle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

cheers

Did you attempt to do any research on this question before creating THREE new threads on boards? The 46A doesn't go anywhere near St. Vincents - it would be a long walk down Nutley Lane from the N11, especially in bad weather.

I know there's lots of people here willing to give advice but it really p1sses me off when people don't even do the smallest bit of research themselves.

Did you ask the people you're going to be working with for advice on transport options?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mumto1

Given that I have been in another position it has not been feasible to do research at the time that I would be travelling. I regularly use both bus routes but I was just wondering which would be best in the morning. I appreciate the nice responses to my question

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

coylemj wrote: »
    Did you attempt to do any research on this question before creating THREE new threads on boards? The 46A doesn't go anywhere near St. Vincents - it would be a long walk down Nutley Lane from the N11, especially in bad weather.

I know there's lots of people here willing to give advice but it really p1sses me off when people don't even do the smallest bit of research themselves.

Did you ask the people you're going to be working with for advice on transport options?

Happy new year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Are you getting a train to Dun Laoghaire in the first place, or where does the 0840 constraint come from?

As others have said, getting the DART (or the occasional diesel that stops in Sydney Parade) would be by far the fastest.

The 46a (which does stop near St Vincents by the way) would be a waste of time for this particular trip because of the long route it takes compared to the DART or 7, so you can pretty much discount it.

I cycle along the Rock Road many mornings and I can go all the way in to the city centre without passing or being passed by a 7 as they aren't exactly frequent. There are several of them alright, but you could be waiting for 15-20 minutes and then get stuck in traffic at Blackrock.

I vote for the DART (or a bike).

z

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I cycle everywhere, so much faster in the mornings. Many people do not really time the difference correctly, like I hear people saying

"the bus only takes me 30mins"

-oh really, so you leave your house at 8.30 to get in for 9am

-Jaysus no, sure the walk to the stop is 10mins, the walk when I get off is 15mins and I get to the bus stop 10mins early to be sure to get it.

I am surprised electric bikes are not more popular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement