Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cot & Mattress

Options
  • 04-01-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

My friends want to buy us the cot and mattress as a present so need to pick something out soon. Looking to buy in Galway. Anyone have any tips on what type of mattress would be the best option? Trying to get both for less than €250 :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My friends want to buy us the cot and mattress as a present so need to pick something out soon. Looking to buy in Galway. Anyone have any tips on what type of mattress would be the best option? Trying to get both for less than €250 :confused:

Try Smyths, Mothercare, Argos, probably wouldnt get any in Bella Baby or definitely not Little Dreamers for that price. I know you said Galway but would you consider Ikea? We were going to get ours there for about 150 for both but we're being given a cot now. In terms of mattress they are pretty much all breathable ones, you just need whatever fits the cot!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

In terms of mattress they are pretty much all breathable ones, you just need whatever fits the cot!
    See I was all set for any mattress then all these things bout foam and springs starting appearing and what is safest for baby so got very confused with it then :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

I'd go for IKEA or Argos, avoid Baby Elegance for the cot itself as I think they only do drop-side ones, which I think are known to be less safe. Make sure to get one that has a couple of different levels (i.e. you have baby higher up for the first few months, but can lower it when they learn to stand.)

We got the cot from Argos for around €70 and it's brilliant, we got a pocket-sprung mattress from Baby Elegance for around €60. Neither were on sale. So you should easily get a decent cot and mattress well within that budget. :)

Advertisement