Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cube Agree GTC SL carbon and flash red

• 04-01-2015 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am thinking of upgrading from an entry level Cube peleton to the Cube agree GTC. The one I am looking at is the agree GTC SL carbon and flash red. It has a full ultegra groupset and seems to be very good value. Does anyone have this bike already, any feedback on it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

I have the Cube Agree GTC Race Ultegra/105
    Had it a year, done over 4000k on it in 2014. It's a great bike...love it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I just picked up the Di2 version of that bike. Have only done 6km on it but hopefully can take it out on a more meaning full spin at the weekend.

Cycle Surgery have a few in Dundrum to test

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DS2013

Thanks for the feedback. It was in Cycle Surgery that I saw the bike. I will go back this weekend for a more detailed look.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Gilbey

If ye don't mind me asking what sort of money did the SL cost you?? any discounts from the cycle surgery?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Gilbey wrote: »
    If ye don't mind me asking what sort of money did the SL cost you?? any discounts from the cycle surgery?

I got about €800 off the rrp. 2014 show room model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

have the 2014 version good bike i might say had marins, spesh, giant and focus before this one, tend to be one size smaller than stated im riding a 56 cm which is an actual 54ish ..... good points stiff but comfy on long runs, not really that light compared to others but for endurance bikes its up there with the defy's planted on fast downhills used to have scary speed wobbles with my focus havent had one with this one yet hahahaha, bad points saddle needs immediate replacement , wheelset is passable but definitely the frame could use a better wheelset to go with it, handlebar is not everyones cup of tea going to change mine soon to a more compact/ shallower bars....... all in all a good everyday bike for me while i save up for something special in the future :-)

I was thinking the frame looked small compared to my 56 canyon. Was worried for a while but the measurements are more or less the same.

Thanks Zindacato. I have a reasonably new set of zondas on my current bike so will put them on any bike I buy. I will have a look at the bars when I go back at the weekend. Not sue if it will make a difference but I tend to do a lot of my riding on the hoods.

godtabh wrote: »
    I was thinking the frame looked small compared to my 56 canyon. Was worried for a while but the measurements are more or less the same.

tis actually a bit smaller /compact the top tube length for a 56 is only a lil bit over 53cm and virtual is 54.5cm tried a 53cm sl before this one.... as i always use a 54cm for sizing felt cramped on it so tried the next size up 56 felt really grand on it and my stem now actually is lowered down to just one spacer .... BTW how do you find your one now?:o

Cube frames seem to be smaller so you need to get a size bigger. The cube peleton I have is a 58. I am assuming the sizing will be the same for the agree.

• Advertisement

DS2013 wrote: »
    Thanks Zindacato. I have a reasonably new set of zondas on my current bike so will put them on any bike I buy. I will have a look at the bars when I go back at the weekend. Not sue if it will make a difference but I tend to do a lot of my riding on the hoods.

i forgot original tyres were a muck .......had 3 punctures in less than 2 months with Sch Ones that came with it changed to gps...... over a year of use before i a had a puncture:D

Wheels and tyres seems to be the weak point on a lot of new bikes. I will only be using the wheels as winter wheels so not too worried. I will try to haggle for something better when it comes to doing a deal.

Haven't tried it much. Won't be out in bad weather so will see how the weekend. Mine comes with DT Swiss wheels. Better than the fulcrums from what I read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭DUBintheSTICKS

Thank god I didn't see anything negative about the bike, pulled the trigger this morning and ordered it. Only downside is won't have my size till mid February.

Looking forward to the upgrade with full carbon and ultegra from my current alu bike with tiagra.

Now to start saving for the new wheel set to go with the new bike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Thank god I didn't see anything negative about the bike, pulled the trigger this morning and ordered it. Only downside is won't have my size till mid February.

Looking forward to the upgrade with full carbon and ultegra from my current alu bike with tiagra.

Now to start saving for the new wheel set to go with the new bike!

A cube won't let you down fantastic value bike great comfort for the longer spins and plenty of speed for them faster runs I put a set of zonda's on mine to upgrade from stock bang for buck they are the best wheels on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Enjoy this bike OP
    I bought the Agree Pro 2015, when they were sizing me up they didn't have my size in the pro so told me to take the SL out for a spin.
    Damn it was nice....I mean...REALLY nice! I love the colour of it too, looks great.

Best of luck with it.
    I've had the Pro now a month and I love it to bits. Zero complaints.
    Very jealous.

Advertisement