Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Astec 63DV - unknown engineer code

• 04-01-2015 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have an alarm that has had the engineering code changed by the installer (unknown). How can I set it back to the default? Have tried removing all power form the board including battery but his hasn't worked. Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you powered it down did you power it back up with the factory link removed?
    If so it is engineer locked. You would need an engineer to call & flash & reprogramme it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Harrier16

Many thanks for the quick response - I didn't but this might have been done at some stage. I also temporarily removed he main IC based on a tip I got elsewhere but that didn't help. I would be happy enough to reprogramme the ccts etc if I could just get the engineering code reset. Is it possible to do this without calling and engineer?

Hi KoolKid - sorry, I might have confused things here. When I say 'I didn't', I mean I didn't touch the factory setting jumper but it may have already been removed - I can't check at the moment. If it wasn't - is there an option to remove it to get back to factory settings. Do the following steps make any sense:

1. Remove mains power
    2. Remove Battery power
    3. Remove the Factory Setting Jumper
    4. Restore all power

Or does the Factory setting jumper work the other way - should it be in place on power up to restore factory default settings and if powered up without it, is it engineering locked (like you say above)? Does this mean it can never be returned to factory settings without flashing?

Thanks again for the help - much appreciated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The 4 steps above are the correct sequence to default the panel. If that doesn't work you will need an engineer to reset the system for you.

Great - I'll give that a go - thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement