Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodies is very empty

Options
  • 05-01-2015 12:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Any idea what is going on here? The store seems very empty and filled with bulky low value stock. Is something happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Noticed that myself today but just presumed they were in the changeover phase after Christmas!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

This was from well before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Don't know then, suppose we'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Is it looking any better now or is it still looking a bit shook ?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 forrest gump

Was in there last week and they were rearranging stock on shelves, also looks they have more stock in the store. I can't see why they would close the store there, its busy enough whenever I have been in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Some good stuff in there anytime I went in. Must admit I haven't been in for a fair while. How is B&Q doing these days ? Again some great stuff in there, but it always seemed a bit too big for Athlone to me, particularly bearing in mind the competition from Woodies, Ganlys et all - Great to have that range of stuff available but it never seemed busy enough to justify its existence anytime I go in there - Pity really, another victim of the demise of the Celtic Tiger. I hope it survives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went in there at the start of December and they had all the Christmas stuff discounted up to 70% off which seemed very strange

Advertisement