Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

I want to announce:

I am eating grapes as a snack.

That is all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I would like to announce that I am not currently eating grapes.. Is that more or all? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd like to announce that i am drinking coffee, that is all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Morning everyone.

Decided to give up coffee. Doesn't do any good for anxiety :o

2 weeks later, and i'm still blown away by the fact that i've seen Slipknot live, ****ing hell it was brilliant.

• Advertisement

My friend got his nose broken at that gig.

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    My friend got his nose broken at that gig.

Well if you're on the floor for a Slipknot show, there are obvious hazards you have to watch out for.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well if you're on the floor for a Slipknot show, there are obvious hazards you have to watch out for.

How can you watch out for anything when it's absolute chaos? :pac:

How can you watch out for anything when it's absolute chaos? :pac:

Good point, i could see it all unfold from the stands, damn it i wanted to be on the floor amongst all the madness.

Also Korn segued into the heavy double bass part of Metallica's One.

You were up in the stands? Could you not sneak down to the floor? Or is it much stricter now a days?

I have seen Korn twice and I think they did that on both occasions I have seen them. They do a pretty good rendition of it to be honest. I would have loved to have gone, solely for Korn. I like Slipknot but not enough to see them a third time around.

• Advertisement

You were up in the stands? Could you not sneak down to the floor? Or is it much stricter now a days?

I have seen Korn twice and I think they did that on both occasions I have seen them. They do a pretty good rendition of it to be honest. I would have loved to have gone, solely for Korn. I like Slipknot but not enough to see them a third time around.

Security is stricter, would have tried to sneak down had i decided to go for a drink, but i didn't chance it, was happy enough where i was watching the carnage unfold down on the floor.

Was pretty cool to hear Korn do the heavy double bass part, Lars could take notes from Korn's drummer on how to do the heavy double bass part, have to admit wasn't sure on Korn going in, but coming out afterwards, they left me and my mate impressed, definitely checking out Korn, oh and Slipknot's stage set up for their Prepare For Hell Tour is ****ing amazing.

Security is stricter, would have tried to sneak down had i decided to go for a drink, but i didn't chance it, was happy enough where i was watching the carnage unfold down on the floor.

Was pretty cool to hear Korn do the heavy double bass part, Lars could take notes from Korn's drummer on how to do the heavy double bass part, have to admit wasn't sure on Korn going in, but coming out afterwards, they left me and my mate impressed, definitely checking out Korn, oh and Slipknot's stage set up for their Prepare For Hell Tour is ****ing amazing.

I suppose you were better off. Not worth taking the chance and getting caught and kicked out. It seems like you were thankful to be there anyway :) Korn are beasts live. One of the better bands I have seen.
    I saw some photos of Slipknots stage set up. Pretty awesome stuff I must say :)

I suppose you were better off. Not worth taking the chance and getting caught and kicked out. It seems like you were thankful to be there anyway :) Korn are beasts live. One of the better bands I have seen.
    I saw some photos of Slipknots stage set up. Pretty awesome stuff I must say :)

Yeah was glad to be there, got some cool photos, would've been better if the 2 idiots in front of me had been on the floor instead of acting the maggots (pardon the pun) :pac: up in the stands.

I'll say, Korn are impressive live, would definitely go see them if they come to Dublin again. Whoever does Slipknot's stage design/production will have a hard time topping this tour's one. Also even up in the stands, i could feel the pyro.

Yeah was glad to be there, got some cool photos, would've been better if the 2 idiots in front of me had been on the floor instead of acting the maggots (pardon the pun) :pac: up in the stands.

I'll say, Korn are impressive live, would definitely go see them if they come to Dublin again. Whoever does Slipknot's stage design/production will have a hard time topping this tour's one. Also even up in the stands, i could feel the pyro.

Ara you have that in small to large doses man. I don't think I have ever being seated at a gig ever. I can't remember being at one anyway! :o

Definitely worth seeing again! Hopefully they'll be around soon.

I am just waiting for Clutch to announce a date during the summer. Gotta go see them again. They're fantastic!

Ara you have that in small to large doses man. I don't think I have ever being seated at a gig ever. I can't remember being at one anyway! :o

Definitely worth seeing again! Hopefully they'll be around soon.

I am just waiting for Clutch to announce a date during the summer. Gotta go see them again. They're fantastic!

I've been to 2 seated shows, and stood for 3. Keeping my fingers crossed Korn do come back. Clutch are another band i have to see live as well.

Clutch are possibly the best band I have seen live. Neil Fallon just owns the crowd the moment he appears on stage. Well worth seeing!

My Type O Neg tee shirt arrived today! :D Happy days :D

I've seen the videos from their Irish show on Youtube, Neil Fallon has the crowd in the palm of his hand.

He sure does. He's a legend of a man. I really hope they come back again! :D

Last European date they announced was in Belgium but they said they would be announcing more soon. I know they're currently in the studio atm but they are doing a tour with Mastadon in the US in April/May. Seriously hope they hit up this side of the water during the summer :D

My friend actually got a picture with Neil Fallon before said Irish show, made his day he said. I'd say that MCD are looking at bands with stuff in the works/ready to tour to hopefully bring to Ireland.

Got a list of bands i wanna see in Ireland this year.

Did your friend get a picture with him outside the venue?

If so I think I could have actually being talking to your friend!! Ask him if he remembers the crazy people from Kerry. He should remember the fecker with the long beard and mohawk in the foo fighters hoodie :pac:

I got a picture with him and a ticket signed by him. Got a hug and a kiss too from him :o:D And when OH asked him to play Gravel Road and Cypress Grove he actually did :D Pure delighted!

• Advertisement

Did your friend get a picture with him outside the venue?

If so I think I could have actually being talking to your friend!! Ask him if he remembers the crazy people from Kerry. He should remember the fecker with the long beard and mohawk in the foo fighters hoodie :pac:

I got a picture with him and a ticket signed by him. Got a hug and a kiss too from him :o:D And when OH asked him to play Gravel Road and Cypress Grove he actually did :D Pure delighted!

Aye he did, he was wearing a Lamb Of God t-shirt, he remembers a guy with a long beard. Neil Fallon a man of the people playing Gravel Road & Cypress Grove because your OH requested it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

My Type O Neg tee shirt arrived today! :D Happy days :D

Oooh! Pics? :D

Links234 wrote: »
    Oooh! Pics? :D

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130901493785?var=430138798580&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If the link doesn't work I can put up a pic :) Just thought this would be quicker :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130901493785?var=430138798580&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

If the link doesn't work I can put up a pic :) Just thought this would be quicker :)

Nice!

I've bought t-shirts from that seller before. Great selection of Metal t-shirts.

Pretty fast at dispatching too. I bought that T shirt Tuesday of last week and I was surprised I received it today! They have some awesome T shirts there. Will probably buy off them again! I was recommended this site too. http://www.rockit.gr/ Pretty awesome selection and they have some terrific t shirts in their €8 deal.

Just bought my OH a Five Finger Death Punch t shirt from them. And I plan on getting the Danzig shirt and a Metallica shirt too :D

Nice one Mozz! ;)

I think I'm staying in for the day and studying :o It's fierce caaaauld out ! :eek:

Budweiser hit me in the feels with their Super Bowl advert last year............. They've gone and done it again this year.

Right, getting some study done, instead of wasting my time arguing on the internet about if Black Veil Brides are metal or hard rock :o

• Advertisement

Links234 wrote: »
    Right, getting some study done, instead of wasting my time arguing on the internet about if Black Veil Brides are metal or hard rock :o

BVB are more rock than metal, and we'll leave it at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement