Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Yup, how are you?

Not too shabby thanks. How's our fave gal residing in the west?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ok now. Bit of a bug but takes more than that to keep me down!.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Cursed man flu, curse it and damn it to the 9 circles of hell.

Ok now. Bit of a bug but takes more than that to keep me down!.

I'm sorry to hear of the bug but happy to hear that it's not keeping you down! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Heya Lith, struggling there?

• Advertisement

Heya Lith, struggling there?

Struggling is a bit of an understatement :pac:.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Cursed man flu, curse it and damn it to the 9 circles of hell.
    Struggling is a bit of an understatement :pac:.

Sorry to hear that man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Absolutely wrecked tired. Feeling a little bit down too. :(

Absolutely wrecked tired. Feeling a little bit down too. :(

*hugs*

What's on your mind there xPPx?

What's on your mind there xPPx?
    Ah it's just beginning to feel very real that I've only got 2 weeks left in work. I don't want to finish. I always knew it wasn't going to be permanent but I'd have liked more time to try and get another job. I'm trying, applied for three this week but I've not heard a thing.

Don't want to rant. I do consider myself lucky that I have this job. It's going to be very strange having no real reason to get up in the morning.

• Advertisement

Ah it's just beginning to feel very real that I've only got 2 weeks left in work. I don't want to finish. I always knew it wasn't going to be permanent but I'd have liked more time to try and get another job. I'm trying, applied for three this week but I've not heard a thing.

Don't want to rant. I do consider myself lucky that I have this job. It's going to be very strange having no real reason to get up in the morning.

That's perfectly natural to feel like that.

The job did give you great practical experience of the practice though. That is figuratively worth its weight in gold these days. You'll definitely get new job on the back of that.

I hope so. I'm just beginning to panic a bit because I hated being on the dole and it's likely that I'll need to sign on again, for a while at least.

Ugh, I'm wrecked and I'm gonna be awake half the night thinking about all this. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Unemployed and only seem to get emails back regarding internships! Even still no interviews :(

Went back to handing out CVS but even then a lot of places are online and everyone is trying to offload staff after Christmas period! Not looking good but just have to keep at it!

I've seen a couple of internships advertised as well but both were nowhere near here and I'm not moving away from home for 50 on top of my social welfare money.

I have my CV updated, just have to print some out and start handing them out.

Edit: Welcome to the Lair :)

Welcome to the Lair Luke! :)

Nice to meet you both! I am and always have been a creature if the night! Take after my mother!

But I understand about the internships. I'm central Dublin so no shortage if them! Some of them are absurd though! The Radisson hotel is a 5 minute walk from me, charge 160 a night and advertised an internship for a door man!

I still applied :O didn't even get an interview lol.

I have had some good feedback though. So hopefully I can get something soon!

Some of the job-bridge ones can be good too. A friend of mine was doing one until recently and they offered him a job at the end of it.

Some of the job-bridge ones can be good too. A friend of mine was doing one until recently and they offered him a job at the end of it.

Oh believe me I'm not one of the usual AH'ers who vehemently hate JobBridge. I know a friend or two who have gotten good jobs out of it! So it does work! And I would love one with a good opportunity to prove myself! Hasn't come around just yet.

Anyway, any good tips on falling asleep? Nothing ever worked for me! My gf can just put her head down and she's out for the count! I can take a while most nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Hi all hope you are well

Whoa, we gotta new guy/girl in our midst, welcome to the madness/silliness amigo.

• Advertisement

Guy and I'm hoping for madness :D hello everyone!

Yeah the Luke shoulda been a huge giveaway, running kinda slow today, madness/silliness/dirty business on the side, make yourself comfortable, cause once you're here, you ain't leaving.

Welcome Luke, hope you have fun here.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Yeah the Luke shoulda been a huge giveaway, running kinda slow today, madness/silliness/dirty business on the side, make yourself comfortable, cause once you're here, you ain't leaving.

Oh yeah :pac:

fr336 wrote: »
    Oh yeah :pac:

Calm yourself bucko :p

That would be a giveaway! Well, if it was actually my name it would be :P

And I'm usually on boards when it gets boring so thought I'd give this place a try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Luke92 wrote: »
    That would be a giveaway! Well, if it was actually my name it would be :P

And I'm usually on boards when it gets boring so thought I'd give this place a try!

ah , Skywalker, you have come to the dark side. I knew you would!:P

1361410250_Episode_4_Luke_Skywalker_1.jpg

I feel some shame at the fact that i didn't think of skywalker at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I raise you

large.jpg

Welcome Luke.

• Advertisement

Holy schizz Taltos, what a raise hahahaha!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement