Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

steaks have to be Blue....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well you like them overcooked :pac:

I like my steak well done, not cooked into oblivion :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I like my steak well done, not cooked into oblivion :pac:

I'm the man for the job in that case :cool:

well done steaks.....

waste of a steak.

I'm the man for the job in that case :cool:

You best cook it well or else

p4i2sm.jpg

:p

• Advertisement

thats a young Triple H.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhhhhhh I'm sooo scared :cool:

Ohhhhhhh I'm sooo scared :cool:

That's it

Its-burying-time.jpg

:P

if its burying time where is the Undertaker....

the rooms goes dark....

Boing.............. Boing...........

eh time to go

• Advertisement

cgh wrote: »
    the rooms goes dark....

Boing.............. Boing...........

eh time to go

Scamper :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

cgh wrote: »
    steaks have to be Blue....

You're my worst nightmare you know that? You know the stupid rules behind cooking a blue steak?

Don't see the point of "cooking" the steak if you want it practically raw anyway. Blue and Well done are a waste of steak to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Practically raw? Each to their own but I wouldn't like that at all.. I like meat medium to well done.. :o

Practically raw? Each to their own but I wouldn't like that at all.. I like meat medium to well done.. :o

Blue is pretty much raw. You barely seal it and you have to serve it immediately. The chef in college hates "cooking" them because they cause nothing but complaints. They're just a pain in the arse.

Oh yeah, Well Done is now becoming a thing of the past too. Some Chefs won't cook a steak well done. It's pretty bad for you (carcinogenic). Each to their own but I know of one or two restaurants that will do up to a medium and that's it.

*I had to do a lot of theory on the cooking of steaks for my exams before Christmas.

each to their own when it comes to steaks.

• Moderators Posts: 51,846 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Oh yeah, Well Done is now becoming a thing of the past too. Some Chefs won't cook a steak well done. It's pretty bad for you (carcinogenic). Each to their own but I know of one or two restaurants that will do up to a medium and that's it.

*I had to do a lot of theory on the cooking of steaks for my exams before Christmas.
    wasn't a huge fan of steak growing up due to the dads "cooking" method. It was so well done that it was only edible with chef sauce! :P

Then one day tried a steak medium and then it made sense why some people really love steak :pac:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Mozzeltoff wrote: »

Ya I only eat my steak medium now, much much nicer.

SW wrote: »
    wasn't a huge fan of steak growing up due to the dads "cooking" method. It was so well done that it was only edible with chef sauce! :P

Then one day tried a steak medium and then it made sense why some people really love steak :pac:

My sister in law likes it when it turns into burnt shoe leather :rolleyes: Can never understand how she could eat it that way. AS C says, each to their own but still, that shouldn't be allowed at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mozzeltoff wrote:
    Blue is pretty much raw. You barely seal it and you have to serve it immediately. The chef in college hates "cooking" them because they cause nothing but complaints. They're just a pain in the arse.
    Someone I know describes it well.. "A skilled vet could bring it back to life." :p

• Advertisement

Any of ye cook yer steaks in the oven? pan all the way for me anyway.

One does not cook steak in an oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey folks ;)

Hmm, I used to eat steak a lot more, but now find it a meh.

exactly! I know some people that do and they taste different different.

exactly! I know some people that do and they different.

:eek: cooking steak in an oven is absolutely sinful.

exactly! I know some people that do and they different.

You pan fry it, seal it and finish it in the oven. That's the only way it should go to the oven. Most people don't do that but if you're talking about oven cooking one that's the only way it should be done.
    Links234 wrote: »
    Hey folks ;)

Hmm, I used to eat steak a lot more, but now find it a meh.

I eat it once every couple of weeks. It's helped a lot with my anaemia I must say :o

i have steak and red wine once a week....

steak, mash, onions and gravy. with a nice glass of shiraz

I dunno, I'm just not hugely fond of steak. I used to eat it all the time, can't beat a nice rib-eye, but it's kinda lost the appeal for me lately. My tastes have changed a bit over the last few years ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Medium would be my steak. Also, not don't freak out at me, lots of Thai sweet chilli sauce! Heavenly! :)

• Advertisement

If I'm doing steak, it's gotta be pepper sauce. Chips and pepper sauce, oh my! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement