Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Yeah, my cough still isn't going away any time soon :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Links234 wrote: »
    Yeah, my cough still isn't going away any time soon :(

Shoite, I mean hi Links! ;) I hope the cough isn't messing with your sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Heyo peeps! How's everyone doing?

Poor Links :/ OH has a chest infection at the moment. Bastard of a thing doesn't want to budge :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi Mozz, how are ya today?

Hi Mozz, how are ya today?

Not too bad Grem! :) Warming myself up after my walk earlier! Got caught in a sleet shower and the wind was bitter but thoroughly enjoyed it all the same :) Plus the dogs were delighted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In totally non-related nonsense, I am drinking the pinkest drink I've laid eyes on since I used to give calves lectade.

Not the place I would have expected this to be mentioned.

many's the sachet of that stuff I made up.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Not the place I would have expected this to be mentioned.

many's the sachet of that stuff I made up.

There are many layers to this nut Ted! Couldn't tell you how much of that stuff I've dispensed to wee sick calves over the years.

many strings to your bow Grem.

Nurse to calves,

Barista to the morning dwellers in the lair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I think Lectade can be used in cats and dogs as well but I've never had to use it. It's actually easier to give IV fluids in companion animals than to force them to drink because in a lot of cases being dehydrated makes them feel so crappy that they don't really want to move, let alone eat or drink.

Not easy to try & put an IV into a large animal.

• Advertisement

No idea what lectade is. May have grown up in the foothills of the Devils Bit but wasn't farm reared at all :o

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Not easy to try & put an IV into a large animal.
    Nope

Ah Mozz, lucky you in a way. I spent way too many night sat on damp straw slowly feeding liquids into sick calves etc. Is it any wonder I'm nearly fit for the zimmer frame!

Ah Mozz, lucky you in a way. I spent way too many night sat on damp straw slowly feeding liquids into sick calves etc. Is it any wonder I'm nearly fit for the zimmer frame!

I may have escaped that but in fairness I had to endure many a cold and cutting night in a shed holding a light, helping to lift or dismantle part of an engine or pass tools to my dad while he cursed and roared at the car :o It did teach me an awful lot about engines though :o

Sounds familiar Grem, don't miss that aspect of it.

remember being up with cow calving in the middle of the night just before my Irish Oral for Leaving Cert. Crawled into bed for about an hour before had to get back up & go into school.

Haha snap there too! What I didn't know about a. International tractor back then wasn't worth knowing. :D

Haha snap there too! What I didn't know about a. International tractor back then wasn't worth knowing. :D

The stuff you pick up as a kid! Least I know now the signs for when a head gasket is about to blow in a car/jeep :pac:

I mainly learned how to use copious quantities of holts easy start! :D

Back to work tomorrow. Tired even though I didn't do much today.

Back to work tomorrow. Tired even though I didn't do much today.

The start of the week has that effect on me Paws. Tired even though I wouldn't be doing too much.

• Advertisement

I find that when we have a slow week.. The less that there is to do, the less I actually want to do. I prefer being busy. Nicely busy, not "nobody's getting lunch" type busy. :o

Nail on the head there Paws.. shifts seem so long when nothing is happening and too much like a roller coaster if mad busy..

I find that when we have a slow week.. The less that there is to do, the less I actually want to do. I prefer being busy. Nicely busy, not "nobody's getting lunch" type busy. :o

I can be a bit like that at times but sure it's very rare now a days. I am on mid term this week and I can see a whole pile of things that I need to do around the place. Spring cleaning time is upon me! :D

Feel kinda crapped out again, my energy's gone :o

Want to get some study in but my concentration is pretty scattered :(

Best off not forcing it so Links. Did you have a queue out the door for curry today?!?

housemate might've eaten something like 3 bowls already, apparently a bowl for breakfast even :o

Haha nice one. I wonder, does it taste better the day after?

Usually does! The OH polished off the rest of the curry today. Apparently it was pretty tasty!

I made an omlette earlier twas divine if I do say so myself.. Mushrooms, red onions with thinly sliced garlic and herb sausages..

• Advertisement

I made an omlette earlier twas divine if I do say so myself.. Mushrooms, red onions with thinly sliced garlic and herb sausages..

Sounds quite awesome :D

Needed to get cook a chicken fillet as the date was out on Wednesday. Pan fried with some red onion in some sweet chilli sauce. Made up some Cajun Mayo and had it in a bap with some salad. It was savage :D

I love food way too much :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement