Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

**peers out the window**

Dark here.

All good, watching the mighty 'pool here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey everyone! :D

I'm exhausted, but super happy :D

Good to hear Links.

can you send some of those happy vibes this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hey everyone :-)

migraine meeting went well :-) could relate to so much of it! two more meetings happening next week and the one after

congrats Hugo :-D

I bought a new rice cooker today ;)

I kinda needed one, as the one I had was really on it's way out, and wasn't great to begin with. The rice would always kinda stick to the inside pot and sometimes burn easily, and the lid was always hopping up and down and spluttering water round the place. It's also huge, like far bigger than I ever needed and really bulky to store. But I was like, well lets see how much more I can get out of it, maybe if I got a new one it wouldn't be much better either... But I spotted one in Lidl today for €16.99:

rice-cooker.jpg

I kinda wasn't gonna get it at first, but my mum convinced me just get it 'cos it was as cheap as chips. Good god am I glad I got it, it's absolutely ****ing fantastic! :D I love that the lid comes down and seals over the cookpot part so there's no spluttering everywhere, it's really teeny and compact only being 1L capacity and the steamer attachment just fits nicely down inside the pot unlike the old one where the steaming tray stacked up on top of it and was just really ridiculously bulky. Best part, the rice didn't stick to the inside pot and burn! :D Then I made riceballs for me and a friend. She loved 'em :)

So awesomely please with myself today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

May she serve you well Links :)

Thanks Hugo! ;)

I was very iffy about buying it, because I've been trying to save up and not spend any money, but I am just so glad I got it. Also, rice cookers are amazingly handy because you can use them to cook other things, you can steam your veg in one or boil eggs in them. You can even make cakes! Though I tried making a cake in my old one once, it didn't come out very well at all. :o

Links234 wrote: »
    Thanks Hugo! ;)

I was very iffy about buying it, because I've been trying to save up and not spend any money, but I am just so glad I got it. Also, rice cookers are amazingly handy because you can use them to cook other things, you can steam your veg in one or boil eggs in them. You can even make cakes! Though I tried making a cake in my old one once, it didn't come out very well at all. :o

Plenty of bang for your buck, by the sounds of it! :)

making me tempted to get one now Linkas

Plenty of bang for your buck, by the sounds of it! :)

Well I do make a fair bit of rice ;) So it's gonna get a lot of use, just makes things far easier now that the rice ain't sticking to the pot and burning and it's not leaving a mess to clean up afterwards. Awesome score! :D
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    making me tempted to get one now Linkas

Do you like rice? Get one, it makes things so handy, it stops cooking it when it's done, kinda like a kettle, so you don't have to watch a pot, just soak/wash your rice, put some water in, and let it do its thing.

• Advertisement

Well I do make a fair bit of rice ;) So it's gonna get a lot of use, just makes things far easier now that the rice ain't sticking to the pot and burning and it's not leaving a mess to clean up afterwards. Awesome score! :D

I only tried cooking rice one time and it did not end well!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

**peers out the window**

Dark here.

All good, watching the mighty 'pool here

Booooo :P, and Liverpool are far from mighty, mediocre perhaps :P

Do you like rice? Get one, it makes things so handy, it stops cooking it when it's done, kinda like a kettle, so you don't have to watch a pot, just soak/wash your rice, put some water in, and let it do its thing.

Like it, but fed up with pots spitting & boiling over

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Booooo :P, and Liverpool are far from mighty, mediocre perhaps :P

:eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq-sokObuWBRIwJgIrvuGi2ie5hnDXpO-sv4jVleBFZkH3jLr_QfGj9A

I stand by what i said. Liverpool are mediocre so..........

deal-with-it01.gif

triplehi2sm_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Like it, but fed up with pots spitting & boiling over

Well, this one wasn't doing any boiling over ;)

It's perfect if you like the kinda sticky Japanese rice, because with a rice cooker, it's super easy to make. I get a giant 10kg bag of Japanese rice in a local asian supermarket, freakin' lasts ages. :D

Oh :pac:, well played Anfield :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That new film, Focus, starring Will Smith looks like it could be good. I've liked everything I've seen him in.

We doing gifs?

vfygefrxbzpit07ayifa.gif

• Advertisement

Gotta learn to fight your battles kiddo :p

That new film, Focus, starring Will Smith looks like it could be good. I've liked everything I've seen him in.

Looks good anything with Will Smith is good, well After Earth being the exception (It was terrible). But i'm more interested in the Suicide Squad film he & Margot Robbie are going to be a part of :D.

Not into that myself I must say.

I looked her up and I knew I knew her face, she used to be in Neighbours ages ago. She's ridiculously pretty lol.

Will Smith is a decent actor, but he'll always be second fiddle to the dog in I Am Legend.

Links234 wrote:
    Will Smith is a decent actor, but he'll always be second fiddle to the dog in I Am Legend.
    Oh I can't watch that film again and you can probably guess why... :o

Oh I can't watch that film again and you can probably guess why... :o

Very sad ending to it Paws. :(

Loyal friend to the end.

It's so sad.

Anyone seen Hachiko: A Dog's Story? OMG, I sobbed watching that. I seem to be affected more by animal related movies. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

It's so sad.

Anyone seen Hachiko: A Dog's Story? OMG, I sobbed watching that. I seem to be affected more by animal related movies. :o
    Saddest movie I ever saw was Grave of the Fireflies. What an utterly depressing movie. Fantastic movie, don't get me wrong, but you can only watch it once.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Saddest movie I ever saw was Grave of the Fireflies. What an utterly depressing movie. Fantastic movie, don't get me wrong, but you can only watch it once.

Yeah, absolutely a masterpiece, something everyone should see. But... I dunno if I could watch it again any time soon either :o

• Advertisement

Googled it. Sounds good but very tough to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement