Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hugo's Haunted Hunting Lodge of Horrors(LAIR)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

They sounds upbeat and positive :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

incrisis wrote: »
    I relax by watching films and getting drunk .... I need to relax every night ... honest.
    I frequently watch films, but rarely get drunk. Oh, when undergrad at university I drank a bit too much at times, especially at student weekend houseparties or when watching football games, but these days not so much. Have to have a clear head for work, or they will replace me with someone that does. And hair-of-the-dog never worked for me the next day after a binge. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah. I've been a fan for a few years now, I quite like the genre. Forget how I first happened upon them though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Angron wrote: »
    Nah, a Finnish band called Totalselfhatred.
    That will Apocalypse in Your Heart Angron! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭incrisis

Black Swan wrote: »
    I frequently watch films, but rarely get drunk. Oh, when undergrad at university I drank a bit too much at times, especially at student weekend houseparties or when watching football games, but these days not so much. Have to have a clear head for work, or they will replace me with someone that does. And hair-of-the-dog never worked for me the next day after a binge. :pac:

When I was 17 I moved into the pub I worked in... at 19 I ended up running the place while the owners had a child and all the stuff that goes with.
    Drinking was a big part of it and it is a habit I have yet to kick ... 20 years later .. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That will Apocalypse in Your Heart Angron! :cool:

I prefer the self-titled album.

Angron wrote: »
    I prefer the self-titled album.
    It's cool too.
    When I was 17 I moved into the pub I worked in... at 19 I ended up running the place while the owners had a child and all the stuff that goes with.
    Drinking was a big part of it and it is a habit I have yet to kick ... 20 years later .. :(
    Well, I'm a faculty brat, and now live in an Ivory Tower due to that parental influence, so having a clear head once in awhile is expected in that occupational milieu. :pac:

Well, I'm a faculty brat, and now live in an Ivory Tower due to that parental influence, so having a clear head once in awhile is expected in that occupational milieu. :pac:

I have managed to make a pretty good career for myself, when they sold the pub and made me jobless and homeless in the same day I went on to factory work because that was all that was available at the time... became a manager when I was 28 and moved upwards ever since.... although some days I question myself as to why I do it.

I have managed to make a pretty good career for myself, when they sold the pub and made me jobless and homeless in the same day I went on to factory work because that was all that was available at the time... became a manager when I was 28 and moved upwards ever since....
    That's grand for you incrisis... good show! :cool:
    although some days I question myself as to why I do it.
    Methinks we all question our career tracks. When wee playing on the carpet while my Da worked in his study, I thought it cool to be faculty someday, now not so much. Once in a great while a lab discovery can turn me on, but most of the time collecting data and crunching numbers is day-to-day boredom.

That's grand for you incrisis... good show! :cool:

Methinks we all question our career tracks. When wee playing on the carpet while my Da worked in his study, I thought it cool to be faculty someday, now not so much. Once in a great while a lab discovery can turn me on, but most of the time collecting data and crunching numbers is day-to-day boredom.

I am a people person, I like to manage people to get the best out of them. ..... but some days the pure stupidity of some of my staff baffles me, I seriously wonder how they are able to dress themselves.

• Advertisement

I am a people person, I like to manage people to get the best out of them. ..... but some days the pure stupidity of some of my staff baffles me, I seriously wonder how they are able to dress themselves.
    Well, on some days I'm the Silly Swannie at work, so if you managed me, you might be getting on my case too, especially after I've broken some of the China. :o

Well, on some days I'm the Silly Swannie at work, so if you managed me, you might be getting on my case too, especially after I've broken some of the China. :o

I leave my silly at home when I go to work ... I am pretty sure I would lose my job instantly if I behaved like I do out of work ... :D

I leave my silly at home when I go to work ... I am pretty sure I would lose my job instantly if I behaved like I do out of work ... :D
    Managers have to manage in the Real World. They have a mission, and monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives, often with associted bonuses and profit sharing incentives.

I'm just a Research Associate on an Ivory Tower team that reports to a PI, who really isn't a manager per se, and is very hands-off and does not try to micro-manage me. I don't punch a clock, rather am project driven, working around-the-clock to finish my part before handing off to another team member. After pulling all-nighters and handling off, I watch the grass grow, which might make a private-sector-for-profit manager go crazy on me! Oh well... :pac:

I have often been asked what I would deem myself to be a good manager... my response is always been .."To make myself redundant, to empower my team enough to make it unnecessary for me to be there" ... That gets frowned upon by the ones who think that being a manager is all about being the one in charge, the one people have to turn to.

I have often been asked what I would consider to myself to be a good manager... my response is always been .."To make myself redundant, to empower my team enough to make it unnecessary for me to be there" ... That gets frowned upon by the ones who think that being a manager is all about being the one in charge, the one people have to turn to.

Been fun chatting with ye incrisis. I'm about 10,000 kms and 8 time zones west of Éire, and it's my turn to cook. Bye. :D

Enjoy your scran...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Happy fridày pals \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

**Peers into Lair**

Happy Friday folks.

Is it childish to be happy to beat Minty to this wish on a Friday.

:D

• Moderators Posts: 51,846 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

:pac:

happy Friday, Sephers:)
    happy Friday, superTed :P

happy Friday, Nocts! :D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement

**Swannie flies through Lair window and out the other at SuperSonicSwannieSpeed SHOUTING as she disappears over the western horizon**

Happy Friday Lair!!!

happy Friday, Swannie!!!!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Happy Friday EVERYONE.
    Me off out soon for a lovely Friday morning Americano :):):)

right way to start the day, Taltos! :)

Happy Friday! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy Friday guys. :)

happy Friday, purple:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Evening all, just popping in for a cuppa, how are you all?

Evening all, just popping in for a cuppa, how are you all?
    here ya go, Grem..

il_340x270.705222290_j5sc.jpg

:pac:

happy Friday! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nice, thanks, makes a change from my suicide bunnies mug ;)

• Advertisement

Nice, thanks, makes a change from my suicide bunnies mug ;)
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement