Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safe station tullamore??

Options
  • 05-01-2015 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hey there has any got any idea of where the social welfare safe station is in tulamore, I'm from Kildare and have an appointment first thing in the morning with them. Iv a rough idea of tulamore, Mc Donalds, bridge house, hospital area but that's about it..any one be able to tell me exactly how to get to it from maybe the bridge house area as Iv to get a taxi and even he has no idea and it's costing a fortune as is without going.g around looking and paying more,offices closed due to xmas?? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

mar90 wrote: »
    Hey there has any got any idea of where the social welfare safe station is in tulamore, I'm from Kildare and have an appointment first thing in the morning with them. Iv a rough idea of tulamore, Mc Donalds, bridge house, hospital area but that's about it..any one be able to tell me exactly how to get to it from maybe the bridge house area as Iv to get a taxi and even he has no idea and it's costing a fortune as is without going.g around looking and paying more,offices closed due to xmas?? Thanks in advance

What's a safe station ? Is that some kind of refuge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Both of you could benefit from a new website called www.google.ie. Has all of these answers, and more. On the 1st page, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Think if we got rid of all questions that could be answered by Google on boards.ie there won't be much left. Also Google can't answer ever question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Think if we got rid of all questions that could be answered by Google on boards.ie there won't be much left. Also Google can't answer ever question.

Not backseat modding but simply stating that Post #1 struck me as asking others to do their research and post #2 seemed to be poking fun at what a safe station actually is and who might have need of it. Just my view. Could be wrong.

Yes, surely, people, especially newbies, regularly come to a forum on Boards and ask something reasonably obvious, expecting others to do basic research for them. I would regard that as poor fora etiquette. Again, that's just me. Whereas if its opinions on a place or whatever, stuff that isn't easily found on page one of the main search engine, that's more (to me) what Boards is for.

I would think most of the discussions that are had on Boards are at a level above the bare facts that can be found on Google. They are taking those facts and weaving them into something more complicated.

As an experiment, try "safe station" site:google.ie and see what happens. Far quicker than posting something niche like that to a forum? No?

Again, just personal opinion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Yea it is just you. As part of any research, it is reasonable to ask a question on boards. If you google anything, a thread on boards will usually come up in the top 5 results. <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

An Ri rua wrote: »
    #2 seemed to be poking fun at what a safe station actually is and who might have need of it. Just my view. Could be wrong.

I reckon you're 100% wrong.

How could What's a safe station ? Is that some kind of refuge ? mean anything other than what he asks? How could that be poking fun? It's clearly a genuine question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The SW office is a cross the bridge centre car park from the Bridge House 5 min walk. Ask someone in the Car park they'll point it out.
    I don't know what you mean by safe station

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Take it easy folks, no need to insult someone for suggesting a user should google something. There's also no problem with a user using boards to ask a question if that is something they'd prefer to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

efb wrote: »
    The SW office is a cross the bridge centre car park from the Bridge House 5 min walk. Ask someone in the Car park they'll point it out.
    I don't know what you mean by safe station

I think its what they call the place you register for the new SW card. Just another name for an office in the welfare dept

Advertisement