Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Convicted serial rapist to be voluntarily euthanised in Belgium'

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭GalwayGuitar

Deenie123 wrote: »
    I think the punishment fits the crime, but I don't delight in it or find it funny. Finding it funny or entertaining is a bit disturbed tbh

I am happy he is suffering. He made others suffer now he is paying the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I am happy he is suffering. He made others suffer now he is paying the price.

Of course now if another chance at parole comes up, he will be more likely to take it. If he does, and re-offends by raping or murdering someone else, I wonder how amusing you will find it then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

SeanW wrote: »
    I would have thought it was more about punishing the crime. Silly me, I would have thought that making someone pay for a crime does not legitimize it in any way.

if its a legitimate punishment such as prison, no it doesn't. if its something ferrel like the death penalty, or raping the rapist, then that legitimizes the crime
    you have to understand that when Johnny McScumbag kills someone while out on bail for his 137th crime, people start wondering what the alternatives are ...

well, they won't be some of the ferrel wild animal nonsense suggested by the low rent.
    Within reason. It would be necessary to consider whether the impact on the victim, or the likliehood of the perpetrator re-offending on release, would warrant such a penalty.

the victims don't deserve a say. their victim impact statement is taken into account, thats enough. the system needs to be impartial.
    How about growing your own weed? There a victim with that?

no . people choose to grow it, sell it, and buy it.

the Feminist-Left is about to impose a new victimless offense in Ireland - by imposing the misandrist "Swedish model" on sex-work. (I.E. the buyer is always a criminal, regardless of the circumstances)[/QUOTE]

well they are extremists with a huge amount of power so what would we expect. they are a genuine threat to this island

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

osarusan wrote: »
    I didn't miss the point at all - that was my point.

The comments would usually be along the lines of:

'Cut off his balls and let him slowly bleed to death.'
    'Execute him. it's the only way to be sure he'll never reoffend.'
    'Why should my taxes pay to keep him alive?'
    'Give him the needle. I'll inject him myself.'

But now that this guy actually wants to die:

'Execution is too easy, let him rot in prison.'
    'Why should he get the easy way out.'
    'It should be painful, not humane.'

It's like, whatever he wants, is the thing he can't be allowed to have. It's only what he should get if he doesn't want it.

Because whatever he doesn't want, that's what's needed to make him SUFFERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    exactly. its the type of bottom feeding low rent filth i see on certain facebook pages when such topics come up.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

I'm not a bleeding heart, sorry.
    no, just bottom of the barrel who think your great by coming out with the usual bull**** buzz words such as "bleeding heart"

• Advertisement

no, just bottom of the barrel who think your great by coming out with the usual bull**** buzz words such as "bleeding heart"

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, you delicate flower.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Of course now if another chance at parole comes up, he will be more likely to take it. If he does, and re-offends by raping or murdering someone else, I wonder how amusing you will find it then?
    he would probably laugh at that as well

he would probably laugh at that as well

Why would I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why would I?

So to get back to the question, how happy with the situation would you be if it did happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Looks like he's going to be let fester in Jail.
    Im sure he can be given sex toys to satisfy his desires:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So his request has been denied after all that.

Advertisement