Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 5-1-15

• 05-01-2015 3:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

RAW_1121_Photo_054-3315393549_0.0.0.jpg

It’s the first Raw of 2015, a night that should be full of celebration, fun and hope for the future. However, after John Cena was forced to bring The Authority back into power last week, WWE seems to be entering its darkest days yet. With Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt set to tear each other apart in an Ambulance Match, there’s already a sense of foreboding around this Monday night, but it’s also clear that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will be looking for retaliation against all those who have wronged them in recent months. What awaits on this historic Raw? - Let's find out shall we.

1. Who will leave Raw in an ambulance? Dean Ambrose and Bray Wyatt have been involved in all manner of hellacious contests, including a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match, a Boot Camp Match and even a Miracle on 34th Street Fight before Christmas. Yet, the unhinged rivals are set to make history Monday night when they battle in an Ambulance Match — the first such bout on Raw.

The only way to win an Ambulance Match is to incapacitate your foe and throw them into the back of an ambulance, and as seasoned Superstars like Kane and John Cena can attest, it’s the kind of stipulation that can change a competitor forever. Who will score the defining victory in one of WWE’s most barbaric rivalries in recent memory?

2. Who will The Authority punish? In his most disgusting act yet, Seth Rollins threatened severe injury to WWE Hall of Famer Edge last week on Raw to force John Cena to reinstate The Authority — a decision the Cenation leader would have never made otherwise. Now, the hard work of Cena’s Survivor Series squad — namely indomitable Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler — is seemingly all for naught.

Ziggler is likely among the Superstars that will face Triple H and Stephanie McMahon’s wrath this week, as WWE’s power couple seeks to reinforce their control over the WWE locker room. What does The Authority have in store, and who will suffer as a result? Plus, how will Cena deal with being the man responsible for The Authority’s return?

3. Who’s next for The Ascension? All eyes, it seems, are on WWE’s newest tag team, who picked up two decisive victories last week. First, the face-painted warriors soundly defeated newly former WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & Damien Mizdow on Raw, then Konnor & Viktor utterly demolished two local competitors on SmackDown.

This unusual duo is already poised for big things as we kick off 2015 in WWE. Who will be next to face these snarling Superstars?

4. Will Roman Reigns face giant-sized payback? Turnabout was fair play Friday night, when Roman Reigns — just days after Big Show buried him under the announce table — ended SmackDown by similarly leaving The World’s Largest Athlete flattened by furniture. It’s already apparent that Big Show will stop at nothing to halt the momentum of The Big Dog in the weeks leading up to Royal Rumble, and with his allies The Authority back in power, the goliath could be unstoppable as he seeks vengeance after Friday night’s embarrassment. Should Reigns beware on Raw, live in Corpus Christi, Texas?

5. Who will enter the Royal Rumble Match? Last Monday night, we witnessed Daniel Bryan make a career-defining decision, announcing he would return to action on Jan. 25 and compete in the 2015 Royal Rumble Match. Although some skeptics still question The “Yes!” Man’s willingness to put his well-being on the line in light of his recent injuries, it’s easy to understand Bryan’s choice based on what’s at stake. Should Bryan win this year’s Royal Rumble Match in Philadelphia, he’ll be catapulted to the main event of WrestleMania for the second year in a row. However, another Superstar already named for the Royal Rumble Match is Roman Reigns, who sent 12 Superstars over the top rope to set an all-time eliminations record in last year’s match. Who will emerge to join Bryan and Reigns in one of the most anticipated bouts of the year?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope tonight is the end of the Ambrose/Wyatt feud

I wonder will Sting show up tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope tonight is the end of the Ambrose/Wyatt feud

I wonder will Sting show up tonight

Maybe Sting to be at the Rumble and eliminate Rollins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If HHH Vs. Sting is the plan for WM, I do hope we see some more interactions between them

I am guessing Ziggler and perhaps Reigns too in handicap matches (even more than 1) tonight

I could even see HHH putting Ziggler and Bryan in the rumble at numbers 1 and 2

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can see Ambrose/Wyatt being dragged out until Fast Lane in February.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I can see Ambrose/Wyatt being dragged out until Fast Lane in February.

I can definitely see that feud ending tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wonder if Daniel Bryan will acknowledge getting stripped of the title so quickly when Brock barely defends it.

We might find out with Barrett is a babyface or a heel. He worked heel against Cena last night at a live event.

Wonder if they will give Cesaro a gimmick where he can't count or a Santino type bufoon where he mixes up words. Likewise Ryback reading The Secret or staring at his Vision board backstage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

looking forward to the BIG RETURN tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

looking forward to the BIG RETURN tonight

If I could like a post twice I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I'd absolutely love it if HHH and Sting had no interactions until Wrestlemania, and Sting just stalked the Authority from the rafters until then.. Would be a great throwback to the Hogan/NWO feud in WCW...

Barrett's Bad News gimmick works better when he's heel i think.

• Advertisement

Booker T is replacing Jerry Lawler on commentary for tonight.

rovert wrote: »
    Booker T is replacing Jerry Lawler on commentary for tonight.

Oh god! Bad too worse!

5 years and a day ago:

B6nnYRuCQAAQ4AD.jpg

rovert wrote: »
    5 years and a day ago:

B6nnYRuCQAAQ4AD.jpg

5 years on and nothing has changed TNA is only a blip in WWE's rear view mirror!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mad to think only two have switched sides on those images, MVP to TNA and Sting to WWE, wish Angle had come home though, I really do.

Mad to think only two have switched sides on those images, MVP to TNA and Sting to WWE, wish Angle had come home though, I really do.

And Desmond Wolfe retired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

MrMac84 wrote: »
    5 years on and nothing has changed TNA is only a blip in WWE's rear view mirror!

If anything TNA has gone backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Too close to the pre-show to watch that video. But did TNA try to run a show on Monday or something?

I'll never for the life of me understand why TNA didnt raid the indies, rather than going apesh*t for all those washed up has beens of the Attitude Era.. Impact 5 years ago shouldve been what NXT is today..

Bring on the handicap matches.

• Advertisement

Whole roster in the ring, here comes a condescending promo from The Authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Its 2015, and bless Triple H is opening Raw with lengthy promos along with John Cena. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Will Kane be back to his usual tricks interfering with Matches?????

So boring and long

Ahhh 2015. The Tenth Anniversary of WWE shoving John Cena down our throats..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

paconnors wrote: »
    Will Kane be back to his usual tricks interfering with Matches?????

Christ, you just reminded me of that crap.

Please no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Did they play the RAW intro title with that song and then have pyro lsst week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Rollins must be the most hated wrestler of all time, But i must say wwe they done it brilliantly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well, that's a curve ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Eh?

Advertisement