Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 5-1-15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Shame about Dean he's very talented but he has nowhere enough of the crowd behind him like Bryan had so i don't see this type of booking ending for a while,the way things are going a heel turn would be best for him.

Disagree here. When Bryan was gone, Ambrose was so over.

WWE had this era's Stone Cold and they just buried him so they can shove Wyatt down our throats despite the fact nobody cares. They put Wyatt with whoever the crowd are hot for and it never worked, Cena aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

andyman wrote: »
    Disagree here. When Bryan was gone, Ambrose was so over.

WWE had this era's Stone Cold and they just buried him so they can shove Wyatt down our throats despite the fact nobody cares. They put Wyatt with whoever the crowd are hot for and it never worked, Cena aside.
    But the thing is they completely tried to destroy Bryan and whatever he was put into he never lost the crowd imo Dean kinda has and that's not all on him obviously but he dosen't have the same connection as Bryan and to be fair not many do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

YES A HANDICAP MATCH WITH KANE

All I wanted

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    But the thing is they completely tried to destroy Bryan and whatever he was put into he never lost the crowd imo Dean kinda has and that's not all on him obviously but he dosen't have the same connection as Bryan and to be fair not many do.

Comparing anyone to Bryan is unfair imo. When he was gone Dean was the man.

This feud was so half-assed. It was a load of gimmick matches and it says more that the crowd are bored with Bray rather than with Dean. He still had a huge backing tonight. there was no reaction when Bray won, because they just don't seem to care about him anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Quite a few former wrestlers venting on Twitter about The Ascension mocking the Road Warriors, in fairness it is quite uncommon for the WWE to make light of a team that includes a deceased legend, but Hawk was very well liked by his peers, well except for a certain few, even if they did do that god awful Hawk went off the wagon angle years ago.

• Advertisement

First RAW I have watched in months due to its just terrible flatness and no sense of direction, I really should not have watched Wrestle Kingdom 9 before it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

andyman wrote: »
    Comparing anyone to Bryan is unfair imo. When he was gone Dean was the man.

This feud was so half-assed. It was a load of gimmick matches and it says more that the crowd are bored with Bray rather than with Dean. He still had a huge backing tonight. there was no reaction when Bray won, because they just don't seem to care about him anymore
    They were into his crazy unnecessary spots but it was near silence for everything else he did,i really like the guy but he's not half as over as he was three or four months ago and i know it's unfair to compare him to Bryan but alot of people did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

why would they fire them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Puppy dog eyes from Cena.

The man couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag.

• Advertisement

More importantly, where are they going with it?

They'll all be back before the Rumble.

Rawest Raw ending in the history of Raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wonder did Dolph fail a wellness, losing the IC title like that and getting fired is a weird one.

Wonder did Dolph fail a wellness, losing the IC title like that and getting fired is a weird one.

Not really, it is all storyline, his stock has been on the up and up and the fans love him, with the Authority back now they garner easy heat for their treatment of Dolph among others and when he comes back he will probably be given a new stronger sustained push, possibly even like Daniel Bryans after he returned from his choking firing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ziggler can now be a terrible comedian if his twitter is any indication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Xenji wrote: »
    Dolph when he comes back he will probably be given a new stronger sustained push, possibly even like Daniel Bryans after he returned from his choking firing.

You would think that wouldn't you, i wont bank on it happening though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh no! The three guys were fired? I'm sure this won't be resolved/undone within the next month. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, I'd have cared about Ambrose losing if I hadn't given up on him when he blew himself up. You'd think on a show where the heels were destroying the faces up and down, you'd have given the fans something in a story not involved with the Authority, and given the "Breakout Superstar of the Year" his first win in months.....but nah, have Bray beat him clean.

Show did nothing for me. The only perk is that Rollins 100% deserves to be in the main event, and I don't even care that it means we don't get a proper conclusion to Brock vs Cena, cause it was a dead feud. Only worry is he's there so Brock can win and Cena can avoid the loss, cause you can never make Cena look weak. Never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Lord TSC wrote: »
    cause you can never make Cena look weak. Never.

Didn't Brock humiliate Cena, utterly dominate him, and disposing of him in quick fashion not that long ago, in the main event of a PPV? Or do Cena rants just ignore actual facts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Didn't Brock humiliate Cena, utterly dominate him, and disposing of him in quick fashion not that long ago, in the main event of a PPV? Or do Cena rants just ignore actual facts?

A fact which was undone by having Cena mow through everyone and pretty much have Lesnar beat a month later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Moneymaker wrote: »
    A fact which was undone by having Cena mow through everyone and pretty much have Lesnar beat a month later.

But he was still destroyed by Brock in that match.

Cena has lost, and been made look 'weak', plenty of times. He does his fair share for the rest, more than HHH or Hogan, for example, ever did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

But he was still destroyed by Brock in that match.

Cena has lost, and been made look 'weak', plenty of times. He does his fair share for the rest, more than HHH or Hogan, for example, ever did.

That's simply not true. Hogan fair enough, but HHH has jobbed clean well over a dozen times. You could count Cena's clean jobs on one hand. Even Hogan jobbed clean more then Cena has!

It's the fact that Cena never sells his injuries and spews the same nonsense promo the next night like nothing is wrong and he went for a walk to the shops.

Even when he won matches, HHH would come out the next night on RAW limping, covered in bruises etc. Cena comes out the night after a Last Man Standing match all roses. It's infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't know what to make of the ending. John Cena just standing there like an asshole while Dolph, Ryback & Erick Rowan were ''fired''.

Also nobody does you're firrrrrred better than Vince, but 7.5/10 to Stephanie for trying, just needs a bit more oomph next time.

Hyperbole, obviously. But the reality is one exception doesn't negate the fact that 99% of times, Cena is protected to a ridiculous effect, and when he isn't, the "good" achieved is usually negated extremely quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't know what to make of the ending. John Cena just standing there like an asshole while Dolph, Ryback & Erick Rowan were ''fired''.
    I really enjoyed it. Cena looked like a defeated man and the sharp contrast of the music and confetti vs the look on Cena's face was absolutely amazing in my opinion!

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. Cena looked like a defeated man and the sharp contrast of the music and confetti vs the look on Cena's face was absolutely amazing in my opinion!

It was a good show actually felt the 3 hours fly by, the music, confetti & balloons was just perfectly unexpected, the look on Cena's face to boot.

Summing up Cena's face at the end of Raw in 1 gif, it would definitely be this 1 :D

spelling-bee-winner-excitement.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Decent enough Raw.. But i remember back in the Day when the first Raw of the year would always be amazingly good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

please someone either make or find a gif of steph doing her wee marching dance at the end of the show, that was worth watching for alone, i near pissed myself laughing

montyrebel wrote: »
    please someone either make or find a gif of steph doing her wee marching dance at the end of the show, that was worth watching for alone, i near pissed myself laughing

Here ya go my friend.

JguGk3u.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

uqeYc9L.gif

Show not messing about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

thanks but it was one after that she looked like she was in a marching band, but that is good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

The Authority came back too early I think. I was sad to see Dolph Ziggler lose the title again too.

He does not do or has done his fair share for the rest, how many has he helped along his way by losing clean or selling injuries from, apart from HHH Lesnar and The Rock

That look on Cenas face as Raw ended will haunt me forever

John Cena is the number 1 guy for WWE, their supreme money-maker. Who could blame him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Ambulance match was so meh, even the massive bump was made almost meaningless.

Another week or 2 until Steph is back unnecessarily burying people I'm sure

• Advertisement

I ask myself every time, how the hell did Cena get to be the company's main cash cow for 10 years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

It's great that Rollins is in the Title Match, well deserved high profile match for him.

Wyatt is finally looking like a threat in his own right now that he has moved on from the Wyatt family.

Jamie Noble is brilliant as a stooge, he was made for that role.

Well I think it's really simple, a combination of his look, his work ethic and his ability to stay over.

John Cena is the number 1 guy for WWE, their supreme money-maker. Who could blame him?

Nobody, but that doesn't mean he should stop trying.

Hes in a position where he could maybe sell an Injury, make somebody look strong before beating them, change promo delivery, perform some moves realistically i.e the STF, just make himself more believable.

Honestly, I never blame him. As much as his acting and stuff annoys me, it's pretty obvious that it's not just tolerated but actively encouraged by the higher powers. Its not up to Cena to change if the message he gets is "you're the man!".

• Advertisement

Bubba you said it perfect. That is what I was implying in my post. He is paid to be the man that we see on the T.V. If I were in his position I'd tow the line as well. He'd be foolish not to really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Dolph needs to go dye his hair (back to) black, stick on sting face paint and go all vigilante on RAW next week.

I'd like to see a return match between himself and Wade Barrett sometime, whenever he returns.

Dolph Ziggler returns............... Next Week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Dolph Ziggler returns............... Next Week.

He bought tickets for the front row........... if only :cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Rollins still have his in MITB title shot as well as being in title match at RR?

Expected far more anger out of this place. You've all gone soft. Boards have seethed at far better Raws.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Rollins still have his in MITB title shot as well as being in title match at RR?

Yeah Rollins still has his title shot courtesy of the MITB briefcase.

If Brock Lesnar doesn't retain the championship, I'd like for John Cena to win & Rollins cash in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

If Brock Lesnar doesn't retain the championship, I'd like for John Cena to win & Rollins cash in.
    Fantasy booking, Lesnar gets pinned by Cena after a bruising encounter. Rollins curb stomps him, cashes in, pins Cena and wins the title! Then, later on in the Rumble Ambrose wins. WM main event Rollins vs Ambrose!

• Advertisement
Advertisement