Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 5-1-15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

ryback rulez ! that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

I don't think the James Storm stuff on TNA is anything special but it is 10 times better than Bray's character and booking.

Either feed him people like Curtis Axel in a "lost person becomes follower" programme and build him up from there, or just forget about of him. He has killed Ambrose's momentum when Ambrose was the most over guy in the company for a few weeks. One of the worst feuds I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

At least the Ambrose vs Wyatt feud is over now. Ever since Ambrose shocked himself with the TV it was annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I wouldn't say Ambrose is buried yet, if they are planning on Wyatt
    Taker
    Wyatt has to look strong, Ambrose can easily come back maybe against Barrett, or Ruzev.

I don't think Wyatt came out of that feud any better than he went in which makes it a failed mission outside of WWE story world where Reigns is this super popular hero face.

Ambrose on the other hand was going places, opening Raws, closing Raws, headlining a PPV with an epic match, until it was ruined by the beginning of all this.

I think it's going to be difficult to get Ambrose back opening and closing Raws now, or headlining PPVs, and I don't feel that Wyatt has any more heel heat or credibility than he was for the feud.

So really nothing has been achieved other than WWE deciding that like Batista, if we have someone win a lot, then surely that will substitute for them being over, and everyone will be very happy. The same with Reigns.

You can bury someone easily enough (even Bryan could have been buried easy enough if they really wanted early on in his push) but you can't do the opposite, you can't convince people with booking that someone is something other than what the viewers see them as.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Wyatt won so he looks strong i suppose, i agree thats its tough for Ambrose now, but i still think he can come back, give him a strong rumble though and after that who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ambrose looked better losing straight up last night than the stupid way they had him lose the previous match.

It shouldn't be a problem for a guy to lose once he doesn't look stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Fantasy booking, Lesnar gets pinned by Cena after a bruising encounter. Rollins curb stomps him, cashes in, pins Cena and wins the title! Then, later on in the Rumble Ambrose wins. WM main event Rollins vs Ambrose!
    A total fantasy result for me would be Daniel Bryan vs. Seth Rollins for the championship, but I somehow think we're quite a bit away from that being a runner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Fantasy booking, Lesnar gets pinned by Cena after a bruising encounter. Rollins curb stomps him, cashes in, pins Cena and wins the title! Then, later on in the Rumble Ambrose wins. WM main event Rollins vs Ambrose!

My fantasy booking would be as above but when rollins cashes in. Either Reigns or (and) Ambrose come down and sabatge him for back stabbing them. Which means he still the loser. But that's not gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Fantasy booking. Rowan, Ziggler and Ryback aren't seen until fast Lane, where they go vigilante and interfere with everything the Authority does from then till Mania.

All concluding with Ziggler going over HHH at WrestleMania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

andyman wrote: »
    Fantasy booking. Rowan, Ziggler and Ryback aren't seen until fast Lane, where they go vigilante and interfere with everything the Authority does from then till Mania.

All concluding with Ziggler going over HHH at WrestleMania.

I'd say Ziggler is going heel by/at Mania.

He's over enough now that he'd get serious heel heat but maybe not over ebough to carry the company as a face with the likes of Bryan, Cena, Ambrose, Reigns and maybe even Ryback

• Advertisement

I used to detest seeing Dolph Ziggler on T.V up until sometime towards halfway through last year. I realised that what endeared him so much to me since then was that when he was a babyface, his wrestling style made more sense. Plus, his heel promos made my stomach turn. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well they started as they mean to go on - with an utterly boring, insipid piece of programming.

I thought it was a terrible Raw. I was expecting a better standard of show with it being the first of the New Year but this was just 2014 mediocrity all over again. It's my fault for having faith, though.

I hate that they put Rollins into the Rumble title match. I've bitched about this in other years but I don't like to see MITB winners being put in title matches or, even worse, number one contender matches like the Rumble. Rollins is Mr MITB. He can cash in whenever he wants on HIS terms. Why get excited about a title opportunity involving having to face TWO men who are totally fresh and who can decide the outcome of the match without you even being involved?

I know what people will say - it's extra insurance. You can increase your odds of being champion. But would it really be worth all that hassle to do this? Having to face Brock Lesnar in the process and potentially take sixteen german suplexes? I'm thinking in kayfabe terms, of course. Let's face it - we know he ain't winning, because that would make his briefcase utterly pointless. It's likely he is in there to be the fall guy. Either they are protecting Cena because they don't want Lesnar pinning him again, or they are protecting Brock because they want the title off him in a way that doesn't harm his stock. Either way, I don't like it.

I thought everything else was pretty bog standard. The ambulance match I enjoyed. I had no problem with Bray going over. Ambrose hasn't been getting wins on PPVs and they seem to have more plans for Wyatt so it was a sensible call imo.

The main event angle was poor. The crowd were so quiet and HHH and Stephanie botched noticeably. If Cesaro got flak for his stumbled words last week (no idea if he did or not), then this was nice karma.

I'm sick of The Authority at this point and feel it's time for a new GM. Stephanie I find particularly irritating of the pair, and not in the good way.

Oh and Cena got fired. Yep, yep. Heartbreaking. Still, see ya in two weeks, John. If that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Cena didn't get fired. Just the other 3. Hard to argue with anything else though I'm ok with Rollins in the main event as long as it isn't so Cena can pin him (which I think is the most likely result unfortunately)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Cena didn't get fired.

"If John Cena ever gets fired I'll....." Let's see who can come up with the most frightening forfeit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

My bad. All that swearing and throwing of items I was doing clearly affected my concentration.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"If John Cena ever gets fired I'll....." Let's see who can come up with the most frightening forfeit.

Wait the week till he comes back and laughs it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nothing more frightening than a PW regular closing their account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wait the week till he comes back and laughs it off.

Thats IF he even waits that long, wasnt he fired at survivor series a few years back in a storyline with Barrett i think, showed up the next night on raw, cost barrett a match, showed up again the following couple of raws and mowed through the nexus as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

rovert wrote: »
    Expected far more anger out of this place. You've all gone soft. Boards have seethed at far better Raws.

That's boards these days old chap, it's all a lot more civilised than it was back in our day.

*lights pipe*

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Nothing more frightening than a PW regular closing their account.
    I was thinking of something a bit more outlandish, along the lines of tattoos or shaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

10917386_998822143465294_6709680241631073238_n.jpg?oh=45e21e7fd825afb08f43c003b8cb0669&oe=5531F516

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

I hate that they put Rollins into the Rumble title match. I've bitched about this in other years but I don't like to see MITB winners being put in title matches or, even worse, number one contender matches like the Rumble. Rollins is Mr MITB. He can cash in whenever he wants on HIS terms. Why get excited about a title opportunity involving having to face TWO men who are totally fresh and who can decide the outcome of the match without you even being involved?

I know what people will say - it's extra insurance. You can increase your odds of being champion. But would it really be worth all that hassle to do this? Having to face Brock Lesnar in the process and potentially take sixteen german suplexes? I'm thinking in kayfabe terms, of course. Let's face it - we know he ain't winning, because that would make his briefcase utterly pointless. It's likely he is in there to be the fall guy. Either they are protecting Cena because they don't want Lesnar pinning him again, or they are protecting Brock because they want the title off him in a way that doesn't harm his stock. Either way, I don't like it.

Don't care for Rollins being in the match either but I kinda like the blatant (kayfabe) positioning by The Authority of wanting the belt on Rollins. He should be in the Rumble as well. Hell, give him three spots including two which are reserved for Noble and Mercury.

Lesnar should have done something to Rollins back in that cage match just as payback for the curb stomp. In theory, the only reason Rollins shouldn't be champ right now is because Lesnar only shows up when he wants to.

----

Thought the three fired guys would have attacked Cena which was where it seemed to be going when The Authority excused themselves. Not heel turns but blaming Cena for bringing The Authority back.

But I agree, Brad Maddox should be GM. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

To be honest I thought there was going to be a large scale attack on the 3 of them like Nexus or somthing the way they back off aswell, the firing was a bit dissapointing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rollins in the match makes sense, as he is the authority guy and would be in the title match to stop Cena winning more than anything .

We can expect Shenanigans since it will now be a no dq match

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

To be honest I thought there was going to be a large scale attack on the 3 of them like Nexus or somthing the way they back off aswell, the firing was a bit dissapointing

And ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So many missed opportunity's with Dolph, Erick Rowan & Ryback on Monday Night Raw, damn you WWE for screwing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Did anyone else pick up on Booker T's reluctance to actually say anything on this show? Almost sounded as if he'd been told to shut up through the headset so much that he staged a silent protest.

There were a few times during the episode where he said something like, "I don't even want to speculate on that" or "I'm wouldn't know about that" or even "I just better shut up."

Seemed quite passive aggressive to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Rolins needs new music or to change his entrance. Not because the theme's bad, but because it always looks like he's missed his cue. Especially when you see Steph and HHH standing waiting on him.

Advertisement