Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etihad = Rubbish for families In My Opinion

Options
  • 05-01-2015 6:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Just got back from a trip Brisbane to Dublin with a 5, 3 & 18 month old with Etihad. To start with the positives, the price was good compared to everything else. That's it!

Negatives

Food - Rubbish. Two options with one ALWAYS terrible so they invariably ran out of the actually edible option. We bought two child seats, got on the flight & were told you had to specially book kids meals so no meals for the kids. Tried to book meals for the return trip but website wouldn't recognise the booking reference.

In flight entertainment - Rubbish. Clunky, out dated system with touch screens you had to apply a 1 inch punch to to make a selection. Very limited amount of kids programs.

Flying nanny - total joke. Etihad spruik this as a wonderful service with specially trained nannies to help out when needed with kids. We didn't expect someone to mind our kids but across 6 7+ hour flights, we saw these nannies for under 15 minutes.

Cabin crew - most rubbish of all. Repressed, personality devoid androids that seem to go into a trance & spend the entire flight pretending the passengers don't exist. Even getting a glass of water was viewed as an ordeal for them. The only time they actually moved was when the fasten seat belts sign went on. Then they were like ninjas up & down the aisles.

I have used them before a few years ago & they seemed OK. Not any more.

So, after spending over 10k on flights, my opinion on them is unless you are single, want to sleep the entire way or watch movies, have your own food & don't need ANYTHING during the flight, avoid at all costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Strange have flown with them many times and had nothing but positive experiences (with the notable exclusion of Abu Dhabi airport at times).

Flew with a 6 month old and a 2 year old on Etihad and other airlines, and rarely had problems and generally the LO's were the recipient of plenty of TLC.

I would say that in all cases calling the Customer Service line in advance and making sure and double sure they have your bassinet, food etc confirmed is a must - regardless of Etihad or otherwise.

Hope your next journey is more positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

Yes please do not use Etihad anymore to fly with your kids. Less chance to have them screaming, running around and hit the back of the seat.

Advertisement