Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games being released that were not ready in 2014

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

I have managed to resist , ALL my typical party members on live have all purchased Evolve , Last night while sitting there listening to them all hammering away it actually works ........ and well.

Still i do not see the value in this title 70 quid for us to buy it then another 20 quid to gain access to all characters for game use. I don't agree with this micro-pay ****e the game should carry everything at launch and should be offered dlc later, not with additional purchases at launch. In the USA they pay around 48 euros for a title we have to pay 70 quid for . I have now adopted this skill of not jumping in and plan to put it to good use . Evolve i do not think has 70 quids worth of gameplay so i probably will not wait for a 40 quid version as i did with alien isolation ( Still love that game, if only lv426 was a holiday destination .......)

Hopefully i can continue to stand fast with this newly adopted attitude . ( Hardline , I wanted to hate this title so bad only I think it's likely I am getting this one for launch , the beta access was just so much fun and the objective strategy is great in that you do not have to get the highest kill count to finish first in each game session )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,991 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

dbit wrote: »
    I have managed to resist , ALL my typical party members on live have all purchased Evolve , Last night while sitting there listening to them all hammering away it actually works ........ and well.

Still i do not see the value in this title 70 quid for us to buy it then another 20 quid to gain access to all characters for game use. I don't agree with this micro-pay ****e the game should carry everything at launch and should be offered dlc later, not with additional purchases at launch. In the USA they pay around 48 euros for a title we have to pay 70 quid for . I have now adopted this skill of not jumping in and plan to put it to good use . Evolve i do not think has 70 quids worth of gameplay so i probably will not wait for a 40 quid version as i did with alien isolation ( Still love that game, if only lv426 was a holiday destination .......)

Hopefully i can continue to stand fast with this newly adopted attitude . ( Hardline , I wanted to hate this title so bad only I think it's likely I am getting this one for launch , the beta access was just so much fun and the objective strategy is great in that you do not have to get the highest kill count to finish first in each game session )

Aus?

Aus?

Ammmm are you asking me if i am in Australia ? If not no Macroom Cork. IRL.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭barrybones_wx

Wasn't there a class action suit taken against EA a while back in the US for releasing Battlefield 4 and then insisting that it wasn't broken?

Or am I imagining that?

Wasn't there a class action suit taken against EA a while back in the US for releasing Battlefield 4 and then insisting that it wasn't broken?

Or am I imagining that?

Spot on and they refunded anyone who bought a digital copy on XBL at least. In relation to hard copies I'm not aware of what they did there . Even after getting money back the digitally downloaded version still runs after refund ? ( Does for a buddy at least)

• Advertisement

Ammmm are you asking me if i am in Australia ? If not no Macroom Cork. IRL.

Then why are you paying 70 quid? I can see it listed on Amazon for about 55 including delivery for the consoles, 45 for the PC(probably scaling down to 35 elsewhere).

Well im referring to the latest titles on the dash at 69.99 and then in the shops also 69.99 , Of course i am aware of the cheaper avenues but the masses in this country will pay it, and do. The dlc charge still stands for all characters for evolve the day its released . The Microsoft marketing teams must have had an aul lecture or two from Bertie Ahern on how to stiff Irish based gamers. The pricing structures are bad enough, so for me I'm only just beginning to slow down and not purchase at launch , this is a hard trait to refine when your addicted to tech.

With the crew i play with , everyone of them run out the day of launch and grab the latest titles and to ensure they collect at launch day they will all purchase from stores ensuring reserved copies and all that carry on.

Evolve simply doesn't even have a weeks worth of gameplay, thinking- before i would get bored of it . Destiny another lacking title i paid through the nose for in terms of dlc , again mash mash mash repeat - so bloody boring.

Well im referring to the latest titles on the dash at 69.99 and then in the shops also 69.99 , Of course i am aware of the cheaper avenues but the masses in this country will pay it, and do. The dlc charge still stands for all characters for evolve the day its released . The Microsoft marketing teams must have had an aul lecture or two from Bertie Ahern on how to stiff Irish based gamers. The pricing structures are bad enough, so for me I'm only just beginning to slow down and not purchase at launch , this is a hard trait to refine when your addicted to tech.

With the crew i play with , everyone of them run out the day of launch and grab the latest titles and to ensure they collect at launch day they will all purchase from stores ensuring reserved copies and all that carry on.

Evolve simply doesn't even have a weeks worth of gameplay, thinking- before i would get bored of it . Destiny another lacking title i paid through the nose for in terms of dlc , again mash mash mash repeat - so bloody boring.

Welcome to getting older. Me and my friends will probably pick it up Christmas next year when its 10 quid including DLC on steam. None of us run out any more to buy anything launch day.

Advertisement