If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceiling speakers

Options
  • 05-01-2015 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to get some speakers for a room in my house.

I am considering going for either floor standing speakers or ceiling speakers.

I see from your website that you stock ceiling speakers. Could you recommend a set of ceiling speakers for a room that is 5m X 5m? In general how does the sound from ceiling speakers from say Monitor Audio compare to floor standing speakers - I assume the ceiling speakers aren't as good but is there a big difference in sound quality?

Thanks,
    Cormac 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I see from your website that you stock ceiling speakers. Could you recommend a set of ceiling speakers for a room that is 5m X 5m? In general how does the sound from ceiling speakers from say Monitor Audio compare to floor standing speakers - I assume the ceiling speakers aren't as good but is there a big difference in sound quality?

Thanks,
    Cormac 
    Hi Irishfeller.

Thanks for getting in touch.

There really is no comparison between ceiling and floorstanding speakers. Floorstanders give a much fuller range. With ceiling speakers 9 out of 10 times a sub is also required for those lower notes.

In saying that the Monitor Audio CT165 priced at 129.99 Euro are very good indeed when it come to ceiling speakers.
    I could offer a pair at 239.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11974-ct165.aspx

For floor standing speakers you would be looking to start at the Monitor Audio MR4's priced at 315.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200806-mr4-black.aspx

Depends what your budget is are there are other Monitor Audio ceiling speakers and floorstanders and higher prices.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Hi,

Thanks,
    Cormac 
    Hi Irishfeller.

There really is no comparison between ceiling and floorstanding speakers. Floorstanders give a much fuller range. With ceiling speakers 9 out of 10 times a sub is also required for those lower notes.

In saying that the Monitor Audio CT165 priced at 129.99 Euro are very good indeed when it come to ceiling speakers.

For floor standing speakers you would be looking to start at the Monitor Audio MR4's priced at 315.99 Euro (Inc Delivery)

Depends what your budget is are there are other Monitor Audio ceiling speakers and floorstanders and higher prices.

Hi Guys

I am after ceiling  speakers as well ,could I get the same price for the Monitor Audio CT165 ? looking for 2 pairs in total

Regards
    Barry

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

barry75 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Cormac 
    Hi Irishfeller.

Hi Guys

I am after ceiling  speakers as well ,could I get the same price for the Monitor Audio CT165 ? looking for 2 pairs in total

Regards
    Barry
    HI Barry, thanks for the post.

Yea we have plenty of the CT165 in stock and ready to go. I can do the same pricing as above for you at €239 per pair including delivery.

If you'd like to order, just drop me a PM with your contact details, or give us a call on 0044333 900 0070 option2 and we'll get you sorted

Cheers
    Brian

Thanks Brian

I give you a call later today re payment for BXFX and 4 CT165

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks Brian

I give you a call later today re payment for BXFX and 4 CT165
    Thanks Barry, all sorted and shipped this afternoon ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for your help

Cheers Brian got the speakers today

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Cheers Brian got the speakers today
    Excellent Barry75.

If we can help in any further way or you have any questions drop us a post :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.