Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE nuprol 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

I bought this a month ago dude. before hand I was using predator ultra gas by Abbey and I'm my opinion I will be o my using this from now on have have 5 gbb pistols and 1 gbbr and in every one of them they kick a hell of a lot harder and I get at least 7-8 more clean, full action shots before begining to weaken and eventually stop. In my opinion it's well worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

ok, so its better than regular green gas then, and compared to Propane?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Son's gonna be using Nuprol 3.0 in his all-metal WE 226 GBB next time he plays. If that doesn't impress, there's always... :eek:

http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2100&category_id=49&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

I've tried the Nuprol 2.0 and 3.0.

2.0 is standard green gas. Nothing special that I've found, really.

3.0 was a godsend, especially for winter. My pistols ran great on it (TM 5-7, WE Skeletor) and my GBBR runs great on it (TM MP7 with aftermarket nozzle).

I could only really suggest 4.0 for hefty metal pistols in the dead of winter, to be on the safe side. To use it on anything else any other time is risking a fistful of shrapnel and a lot of wasted money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

I've tried the Nuprol 2.0 and 3.0.

2.0 is standard green gas. Nothing special that I've found, really.

3.0 was a godsend, especially for winter. My pistols ran great on it (TM 5-7, WE Skeletor) and my GBBR runs great on it (TM MP7 with aftermarket nozzle).

I could only really suggest 4.0 for hefty metal pistols in the dead of winter, to be on the safe side. To use it on anything else any other time is risking a fistful of shrapnel and a lot of wasted money.

Any increase in the FPS with the 3.0 over the 2.0 ????????????????????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

DeBurca wrote: »

Used standard gas myself as I mentioned above already and moving from regular to 3.0 resulted in a harder kick, more full action shots and a pickup in all 5 of my pistols of about 15 - 25 fps if I remember correctly.

Really? 4.0 could cause damage to a gun? How can it be available for sale then? Have there been reports of 4.0 damaging guns?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Really? 4.0 could cause damage to a gun? How can it be available for sale then? Have there been reports of 4.0 damaging guns?

Thanks,

Mark

From what I've read, the 4.0 gives an extra 5-10 m/s to gas guns. This comes at the cost of higher pressure. Lower quality or plastic GBB guns wouldn't have the structural integrity to withstand that kind of higher pressure.

It's for sale, like any gas, under the condition that the buyer knows what they're doing. I wouldn't put red gas into a TM pistol if it wasn't winter because it would damage it. I would normally put green gas in. Even so, TM is usually made for duster gas to be used with them. It's all conditional.

DeBurca wrote: »

Indeed there was. The TM MP7 went from about 0.8J to 0.95J, the TM 5-7 went from 0.6J to 0.8J, and I can't give a comparison for the WE Skeletor since I only put 3.0 through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

Used 2.0 the other day and my fps dropped by 100fps and got 5 shots each time before venting.The original we that they released last year was alot better as i gamed all last winter with no problems.I was using a we g27 and a tm px4.I turned back to the swiss arms for the rest of the day with no problems.I might try 3.0 but going to wait and see other peoples views on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭mack1984

Tried it and wasnt impressed myself, Propane much cheaper and last longer.

mack1984 wrote: »

Tried it and wasnt impressed myself, Propane much cheaper and last longer.

Never tried propane so can't give a valid opinion myself. But what happened with your man there never happened to me when using it.

I don't know whether I'm having good luck with it or whether he was having bad luck.

Should defintly try propane mate, Can get two bottles of it for the price of 1 We nuprol 3.0. Obviously youl need a propane adaptor which are about 15 quid aswell (comes with silicon) so if you use a lot of gas, well worth it

https://www.maceoinltd.com/coleman-outdoor-equipment-ireland-camping/coleman-propane-ppn-gas/

mack1984 wrote: »
    Should defintly try propane mate, Can get two bottles of it for the price of 1 We nuprol 3.0. Obviously youl need a propane adaptor which are about 15 quid aswell (comes with silicon) so if you use a lot of gas, well worth it

https://www.maceoinltd.com/coleman-outdoor-equipment-ireland-camping/coleman-propane-ppn-gas/

Maybe. I've been having a good time with the Nuprol and I'm thinking the extra few euro is worth the easy of just buying it and using it without having to fiddle with a special nozzle and all that.

I'll consider trying it, but I'm a bit slow to. I'm a bit of conservative after I find something that works :P

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Nice graphics in video, but not very scientific :-(

Don't know much about gas pistols myself, but would refilling the same mag make any difference?
    Do you loose fps with consistent refilling and therefore freezing of the parts?

Just wondering if this was the case, results would be different if tested in reverse order ;-)

Adzski wrote: »
    Nice graphics in video, but not very scientific :-(

Don't know much about gas pistols myself, but would refilling the same mag make any difference?
    Do you loose fps with consistent refilling and therefore freezing of the parts?

Just wondering if this was the case, results would be different if tested in reverse order ;-)

From the written review in the description. " For the test we took a standard WE Pistol – a WE XDM and loaded it up with .20g BB’s for all the tests – firing each gas in turn through a chrono to measure FPS, refilling with the next gas and then allowing the magazine and pistol to reach ambient temperature before continuing with the test firing to try and give an even playing field in terms of operating temperatures to each gas in turn"

http://www.airsoftodyssey.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/nuprol-gas-review.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Thanks Mack.....I'll have to start reading rather than just looking at pictures :-)

I don't doubt that he had genuine trouble with the gas in that pistol, but I've put 3.0 through enough guns and seen 3.0 in enough guns to be of the opinion that his experience is an outlier.

Would the following be fair / accurate:

Green gas (Ultrair, WE et al)
      Reasonable performance in warmer weather, as per propane.
      Unlikely to cause damage or reliability issues in any gun.
      Reduced performance in cold weather.
      Essentially expensive propane.

Propane
      Reasonable performance in warmer weather, as per green gas.
      Requires manual addition of lubricant to prevent reliability issues or damage.
      Unlikely to cause damage or reliability issues in any gun / magazine.
      Reduced performance in cold weather.

Gasses like Nuprol 3.0
      Slight / moderate improvement in performance over green gas / propane for most guns in cold weather.
      Possibility of pushing fps over Irish limits in warmer weather.
      Possibility of reliability issues / damage in some guns / magazines.

Gasses like Nuprol 4.0
      Significant improvement in performance over green gas / propane in most guns in any weather.
      Possibility of pushing fps over Irish limits in cold weather.
      Probability of pushing fps over Irish limits in warm weather.
      Probability of reliability issues / damage in some guns / magazines.

How robust / reliable might an all metal handgun (eg WE F226) be when used with each of these types of gas?

How much higher fps (than green gas / propane) should one expect when using gasses like Nuprol 3.0. And how much higher with gasses like Nuprol 4.0?

Other than increased fps, are there any other advantages or improvements (over green gas / propane) when using the "hotter" gasses - more consistent fps? Better range? Better accuracy?

Thanks.

Mark#1 wrote: »
    How robust / reliable might an all metal handgun (eg WE F226) be when used with each of these types of gas?

How much higher fps (than green gas / propane) should one expect when using gasses like Nuprol 3.0. And how much higher with gasses like Nuprol 4.0?

Other than increased fps, are there any other advantages or improvements (over green gas / propane) when using the "hotter" gasses - more consistent fps? Better range? Better accuracy?

Thanks.

Well the consistency is dependent on the quality of the gas as opposed to the strength of it, taking the build quality of the gun out of it.

Stronger gas will typically give better range as it's more powerful.

Accuracy is more down to inner barrel than anything else.

The fps increase seems to vary a bit between guns. I've seen some guns go over the limit in warmer weather when they were 0.8J, and other guns get barely any increase.

The main purpose for changing gas is the weather. Temperature is king in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

So tried the 3.0 and not overly impressed, cool down was improved mildly but not once did the slide lock back even with no bb's in the magazine and it was just filled with gas.

Green gas locked it back with ease. Magazines are perfect, the mag catch is not worn one bit. Dissapointing but its a big ass can that will last me a while. Maybe the 4.0 for heavily upgraded pistols.

Advertisement