Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre in Monkstown, Co. Dublin.

Options
  • 05-01-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi Eircom.
    When I enter my phone number to check for Efibre availability I am told that it is not available in my area.
    On looking at your map of working cabinets I note that there are four working cabinets within 500 metres of my house, with the nearest being 300 metres away.

How close to a cabinet do I need to be to achieve connection?
    Thanks,
    Bluezulu49

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

bluezulu49 wrote: »
    Hi Eircom.
    When I enter my phone number to check for Efibre availability I am told that it is not available in my area.
    On looking at your map of working cabinets I note that there are four working cabinets within 500 metres of my house, with the nearest being 300 metres away.

How close to a cabinet do I need to be to achieve connection?
    Thanks,
    Bluezulu49
    Hi bluezulu49

The range is 2KM although not all homes within range will be able to avail of efibre for a number of different reasons. Please PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for PM'ing me your details bluezulu49

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I have received an update from efibre operations advising that [/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]your line is currently connected directly to the exchange and it's not connected to a serving VDSL (efibre cabinet).[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local VDSL cabinets but use a slightly different cable path network which presently is not included in the existing release of efibre plan[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]efibre operations have also confirmed that works on a new solution to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and launched within the next 12 months.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I'm afraid I'll be unable to offer you a more accurate time frame beyond this until more information on a solution for directly fed lines is released however I would suggest getting back in touch with me towards mid 2015 and hopefully I'll be able to update you with more information.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bluezulu49

Thanks for the information Al.
    Regards,
    Bluezulu49.

Thanks for the information Al.
    Regards,
    Bluezulu49.
    You're more than welcome bluezulu49

Many thanks
    Al

I have received an update from efibre operations advising that your line is currently connected directly to the exchange and it's not connected to a serving VDSL (efibre cabinet).

Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local VDSL cabinets but use a slightly different cable path network which presently is not included in the existing release of efibre plan

efibre operations have also confirmed that works on a new solution to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and launched within the next 12 months.

I'm afraid I'll be unable to offer you a more accurate time frame beyond this until more information on a solution for directly fed lines is released however I would suggest getting back in touch with me towards mid 2015 and hopefully I'll be able to update you with more information.

Thanks
    Al
    Three years have passed since I received this reply. Can Eir please tell me if there is any possibility of getting efibre for lines directly connected to Dun Laoghaire  exchange?.
    Thanks for your assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I have received an update from efibre operations advising that your line is currently connected directly to the exchange and it's not connected to a serving VDSL (efibre cabinet).

Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by local VDSL cabinets but use a slightly different cable path network which presently is not included in the existing release of efibre plan

efibre operations have also confirmed that works on a new solution to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and launched within the next 12 months.

I'm afraid I'll be unable to offer you a more accurate time frame beyond this until more information on a solution for directly fed lines is released however I would suggest getting back in touch with me towards mid 2015 and hopefully I'll be able to update you with more information.

Thanks
    Al
    Three years have passed since I received this reply. Can Eir please tell me if there is any possibility of getting efibre for lines directly connected to Dun Laoghaire  exchange?.
    Thanks for your assistance.
    Please feel free to PM me your full address and Eir code, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Please feel free to PM me your full address and Eir code, I would be happy to look into this for you
    PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Please feel free to PM me your full address and Eir code, I would be happy to look into this for you
    PM sent.
    I will respond to your most recent PM shortly.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement