Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband speeds in Grange Co.Sligo

Options
  • 05-01-2015 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

hi. Can you check are you able to increase my speed for briadband its now up to 24 but getting only 1.8Mbps can you switch my landline to other cabin. Mine uac for Vodafone is JJ :85409670

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

devil-80 wrote: »
    hi. Can you check are you able to increase my speed for briadband its now up to 24 but getting only 1.8Mbps can you switch my landline to other cabin. Mine uac for Vodafone is JJ :85409670
    Hi devil-80

We will be unable to assist with service provided by another service provider, ultimately it's your existing internet service provider to assist with such queries however if you would like to PM me your land line number I will be able to offer you an indication on what speeds eircom can offer you if you decided to switch.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Hi devil-80

We will be unable to assist with service provided by another service provider, ultimately it's your existing internet service provider to assist with such queries however if you would like to PM me your land line number I will be able to offer you an indication on what speeds eircom can offer you if you decided to switch.

Thanks
    Al
    Pmed

Hi devil-80

Thanks
    Al
    Pmed
    Hi devil-80

Thanks for the details, the maximum speed eircom can offer you is up to 2Mb. The reason for this is because of your lines distance from it's exchange - basically the further you are from the exchange the slower are the download speeds that the line can hold.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

ok i thought that can be connected to closer exchange maybe because some in my town getting around 4Mb.

ok i thought that can be connected to closer exchange maybe because some in my town getting around 4Mb.
    Hi devil-80

It's not possible to connect closer to the exchange, it's physically impossible because the distance I am advising is between your home and the exchange - there's no way to shoten that distance.

Apologies devil-80

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement