Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canyon Endurace 9.0 Dura Ace

• 05-01-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im looking for some advice please in particular in relation to anyone whom has purchased one of these bikes.

Below Endurace 2015 Model with Canyon Finishing kit Price €2,699 Lead time MArch 15

http://www.canyon.com/en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3677

Below Endurace 2014 Model but with Ritchey Finishing Kit Price €2,699 Lead Time in stock.

http://www.canyon.com/en/roadbikes/bike.html?b=3504

I personally was going to plough ahead with the in stock model with Ritchey finishing kit as I currently have a boardman which has also has a Ritchey finishing Kit.

Until someone mentioned to me that the canyon cockpit is excellent and way better than the equivalent Ritchey one.

Basically their is no difference between the two bar the finishing Kit and slightly different colours. Just caught between two stools and not sure what to do wait for the canyon cockpit model to come back into stock or go ahead with Ritchey finishing kit.

Anyone who owns any of the Endurace range you opinion would be great.

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

A bike in the hand is worth two online :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

mookie2007 wrote: »

Until someone mentioned to me that the canyon cockpit is excellent and way better than the equivalent Ritchey one.

John

In what way is it better? Did they have both types on the go and were able to tell you the differences??

I can't see how the canyon version would provide a lot more over a system they have been happy to stand over for yonks and are still selling.

I'd be more concerned getting the sizing right as that seat post requires a minimum of 155mm "exposed"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

hi,I have the endurance cf9 ultegra,cyan/black,the bikes a looker,its very stiff and quick to accelerate ,I have mine about 3 months,i came from a trek madone 4.5 and this feels a lot stiffer,be extra carefull with the sizing as the canyon sizing is a little different,i just got away with an xl size,the vcls2 seatpost cant be dropped down as far as a normal seatpost could as the split post widens towards the top,if my legs were 5mm shorter the bike would have had to have gone back,a large size would have given me more seatpost showing,id say a large might have been a better fit but the canyon xl size was similar to a large size giant defy I have which is spot on so I went with that,the waiting times can be a bit frustrating but theres a good bang for the buck,good luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭mookie2007

minterno wrote: »
    hi,I have the endurance cf9 ultegra,cyan/black,the bikes a looker,its very stiff and quick to accelerate ,I have mine about 3 months,i came from a trek madone 4.5 and this feels a lot stiffer,be extra carefull with the sizing as the canyon sizing is a little different,i just got away with an xl size,the vcls2 seatpost cant be dropped down as far as a normal seatpost could as the split post widens towards the top,if my legs were 5mm shorter the bike would have had to have gone back,a large size would have given me more seatpost showing,id say a large might have been a better fit but the canyon xl size was similar to a large size giant defy I have which is spot on so I went with that,the waiting times can be a bit frustrating but theres a good bang for the buck,good luck with it

Border fox I know what you mean but it's hard to look past the value in terms of what your getting with canyon

Unknown soldier does look from minterno also that seat post makes sizing crucial.

Minterno would you recommend it as a bike? How does it compare to your trek Madone 4.5?

Thanks all for feedback much appreciated

John

Border fox I know what you mean but it's hard to look past the value in terms of what your getting with canyon

Unknown soldier does look from minterno also that seat post makes sizing crucial.

Minterno would you recommend it as a bike? How does it compare to your trek Madone 4.5?

Thanks all for feedback much appreciated

John
    the madone was a very nice bike,mine was the 2011 model blue on black and looked great,only moved it on as it was a little small for me,the canyon is very different,i did not know what stiff meant until I got the canyon,the madone feels a bit softer on the road to me,the canyon is a bit of a harder ride,i know its supposed to be a sportive type bike but it does not feel it to me at all,the seatpost does soften the ride but I think that this is more racier than the trek,the spec on the canyon is very good though,even the saddle is top notch,the gearing is very slick with the ultegra,nice thick bartaping as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

be extra carefull with the sizing as the canyon sizing is a little different,i just got away with an xl size...id say a large might have been a better fit but the canyon xl size was similar to a large size giant defy I have which is spot on
    The top tube on the Canyon is a bit shorter, I guess that's what makes it "endurance".

For instance, the L(58) has a 555mm top tube compared to 566mm on the CF.

So if you're sizing the Endurance by top tube length on common road bike geometry you'll end up with a bike that's a size too big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭youtheman

I note that both those bikes have the 50/34 'Compact' Chainring. I was going to but a Canyon last year but they were only available in the Mid-Compact (52/36). I thought there were going away from the standard Compact altogether. Now I'm totally confused .....!

Lumen wrote: »
    The top tube on the Canyon is a bit shorter, I guess that's what makes it "endurance".

For instance, the L(58) has a 555mm top tube compared to 566mm on the CF.

So if you're sizing the Endurance by top tube length on common road bike geometry you'll end up with a bike that's a size too big.

Ok thanks all. Going to pay particular attention to sizing. Sent my measurements to canyon uk and let them recommend a size. They said if it the size was recommended was wrong I can exchange for a different size no problem

John

Ok thanks all. Going to pay particular attention to sizing. Sent my measurements to canyon uk and let them recommend a size. They said if it the size was recommended was wrong I can exchange for a different size no problem

John
    the canyon widget put me in the xl size but canyon uk advised me to take the large size,over the phone,they were spot on,mine is ok but im going to have to get a 70 or 80 mm stem,the 90mm is ok but a bit of a stretch,phone them if your between sizes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

the canyon widget put me in the xl size but canyon uk advised me to take the large size,over the phone,they were spot on,mine is ok but im going to have to get a 70 or 80 mm stem,the 90mm is ok but a bit of a stretch,phone them if your between sizes

Not sure how positively a 70mm stem will affect your handling. Might not look the best either

• Advertisement

A large frame with a <100mm stem is the wrong size.

ford2600 wrote: »
    Not sure how positively a 70mm stem will affect your handling. Might not look the best either
    theres a lot of info online regarding the steering getting twitchy with the short stems but after a 10 min spin it will feel ok,my last bike was a 58cm madone 4.5 and was too small,i put on one of those adjustable stems to raise the bars but it had an effective stem length of 70cm and I used it for a year with no problems aside of feeling a bit cramped,i don't cycle on the drops much,hardly at all,just bars and hoods and at my age 50+ im not too worried about the aesthetics aside of the belly bulge.cheers

Lumen wrote: »
    A large frame with a <100mm stem is the wrong size.
    I get you but I will have to get it to fit as best I can for a while until im in a positon to purchase again,if I was ordering the same bike again I would go for the large,regards

I get you but I will have to get it to fit as best I can for a while until im in a positon to purchase again,if I was ordering the same bike again I would go for the large
    I think the trend in "endurance" bikes the last few years is very positive if it allows people to get the right fit rather than buying racing geometry bikes and sticking short riser stems on them in order to get comfortable, but each rider is different and it's hard to get right particularly when ordering online.

I have a bunch of bikes which feel slightly the wrong size.

Hi

Would be great if anybody whom has a Canyon Endurace bike could post pictures of their bike here.

Love to get aproper look at one. Photos on website are limited and dont really give a feel for what the bike looks like.

Thanks

John

Advertisement