Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio signal in Balbriggan

Options
  • 05-01-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Possibly a stupid question: but does anyone know if there are problems with the radio signal in Balbriggan?! Bought a new Bush FM/DAB radio yesterday and reception is really poor for several main stations (e.g. Newstalk, Today FM). They were also fairly crap on current radio but we thought that was because it was 10 years old!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Possibly a stupid question: but does anyone know if there are problems with the radio signal in Balbriggan?! Bought a new Bush FM/DAB radio yesterday and reception is really poor for several main stations (e.g. Newstalk, Today FM). They were also fairly crap on current radio but we thought that was because it was 10 years old!

Have the same issue in my house even with DAB.

To get around the issue I use an old iPod touch in a docking station and use internet radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

In Balrothery 18 years and its always been crap. Have to use apps via broadband via phone etc and playing through a bluetooth speaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is fairly poor FM reception from the main Dublin masts in to Balbriggan. FM104 and 98FM have repeaters outside the town which should give reception for them.

Live in Martello for two years and we had great radio signal! Walking to the station though, along by Moylaragh, I'd lose every station while walking along side the houses, only to get it back crossing every junction, then lose it again!

Advertisement