Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim Free iPhone 4 for €279

Options
  • 05-01-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

I notice that Carphone Warehouse are offering an iPhone 4s for €279 Sim free in their January Sale..or €229 with Meteor 30-day Sim

Is there a catch? is it really Sim free?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I wouldn't bother, they're very old by Apple standards. I wouldn't dream of going below a 5 at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Bebop

Thanks for the advice, Jaymcg

I have a 4 year old iPhone 4 running iOS 7 which works fine and meets all my needs, my wife wants an iPhone also but can't afford €600 or so for a new sim-free 6, we are both on a cheap monthly billpay plan and want to keep it, she might go for an iPhone 5 but she does not need a 6, the 4s is still a solid handset
    I was not aware that they are still selling the 4s; are they still making them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I'd be surprised, I think it'll be excess stock. Littlewoods and Argos are selling iPhone 5 for €375, which is pretty great value, plus in Apple terms it means it'll be supported for another while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Work in this line of retail, how anyone could justify paying that kinda money for a device so out of date is beyond me. So many other phones out there for far cheaper that are way more value for money

For a little more you could pick up a iP5c

Advertisement