Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Change of address & constituency

• 05-01-2015 4:37pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I looked for threads (and on citizensinformation.ie, etc) for clear info but didn't find any that I thought was 100% clear, so a little help would be appreciated.

After years of procrastination I am changing my address which is in a different constituency. Is form RFA3 the correct one for this or should I complete form RFA for my current local authority where I am not registered?

I also need to get removed from my current local authority list. Do I do this using form RFA1 where I put in the address to remove from the register in section 2 and then send to my current voting local authority? Do I need to put in my current address in section 1 of this form even if it is in a different constituency?

Do I then need to wait for confirmation that I have been removed from that constituency before I can apply for inclusion in my current local authority supplement (or full application)?

There doesn't seem to be any joined up information that I have found on this so any help appreciated. A lot of questions, but if someone could post exactly what I need to do I would appreciate it, thanks.

If the steps are:
    1. RFA1, section 2 to old authority to remove yourself.
    2. Wait for confirmation.
    3. Fill in RFA for new authority.

Then great, but I would like confirmation before I annoy myself over thinking it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My understanding is this

Fill out an RFA 3 form

Get it signed by the guards

Send it to your old local authority

They send it to your new local authority.

Personally I would photocopy it and put a post it on both copies saying you sent it to both and send it to both.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks. It's ridiculous there is no clear process for something this straightforward, although hardly surprising. I'm sure it'll all be grand, although I'll probably end up with 2 votes or none :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

5starpool wrote: »
    Thanks. It's ridiculous there is no clear process for something this straightforward, although hardly surprising. I'm sure it'll all be grand, although I'll probably end up with 2 votes or none :pac:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/government_in_ireland/elections_and_referenda/voting/registering_to_vote.html
    If you need to add your name or change your entry in the draft Register, you can do this up to 25 November each year. You must fill in form RFA1 for the draft Register. You can get an RFA1 form from your local post office or public library. Forms are also available from your local authority and this is where completed forms should be returned to.

If you are applying because you have moved to a new address, you should include this information and your former address so that you can be removed from the register for that area.

The amended Register of Electors is published on 1 February and comes into force on 15 February.

Ya, I saw that, but I still wasn't unsure. I think as suggested above I'll send 2 copies of the form, one to each relevant local authority saying that's what I've done.

Ta all.

It's been about a month since I sent in the form to the relevant authority. How do you know the change has been made? Will they mail you? I am still on the draft in my old local authority, and not on the draft of my new one when I look on checktheregister.ie. Is that the only way I will be able to tell?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    It's been about a month since I sent in the form to the relevant authority. How do you know the change has been made? Will they mail you? I am still on the draft in my old local authority, and not on the draft of my new one when I look on checktheregister.ie. Is that the only way I will be able to tell?

Ring the local authority and ask.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Im getting my wife registered and changing my address - the RFA1 form - application for entry of names in the register of electors is what i need for my wife - but says if anyone was at a different address please state - do i put my details here or do i need to go to the garda station with the RFA3 form? just to check and save time if i dont need to go! Im not changing county - just changing townlands

RFA2 form form for your wife and RFA3 form for you

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement