Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restore default settings/Restore PS3 System

Options
  • 05-01-2015 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all I bought a ps3 second hand at xmas.
    Seemed to be working fine at first but the young lad is getting frustrated as some disc aren't reading ? (These are brand new discs and are not dirty or scratched) he has also complained that at times random stuff happens when he does get a games that works like not have control of the controller its like another player has control of the game?? I have only recently hooked it up to the wifi and things haven't got much better
    Should I do a Restore PS3 System to clear all previous information from other owner or would a restore default settings be suffice?
    Just don't want to f@~K it up would either help?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

jammybhoy wrote: »
    Seemed to be working fine at first but the young lad is getting frustrated as some disc aren't reading ? (These are brand new discs and are not dirty or scratched) he has also complained that at times random stuff happens when he does get a games that works like not have control of the controller its like another player has control of the game?? I have only recently hooked it up to the wifi and things haven't got much better
    Should I do a Restore PS3 System to clear all previous information from other owner or would a restore default settings be suffice?
    Just don't want to f@~K it up would either help?

Cheers

A restore certainly wouldn't hurt. Just make sure the save etc are backed up. Regarding the disks not reading, it could be an issue with the console itself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

jammybhoy wrote: »

This could be the issue right here.
    Please tell me you bought it in a store.
    You can return it under warranty.

If you got it from a private seller...:o

It's unlikely doing a restore will do anything for the disks not reading.
    As for the controller issue, could be a bad controller.

Advertisement