Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soloing and Aux Sends - Pro Tools 6

• 05-01-2015 6:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Happy new year to you. I have a very Pro Tools specific question. The Pro Tools version I am dealing with in this scenario is 6.

The scenario is:

- 24 channels of live sound which needs to be mixed and fed into a TV dept.
    - The master fader goes to the sound engineers control room monitors.
    - A post-fader aux bus send is placed on all 24 channels goes to an outboard multiband compressor which then goes to the TV dept.

When tracks are soloed, to help users work on individual sources, the soloed material is send to the control room monitors and the TV dept, which is not very useful to them at all.

Is the Solo Safe feature what I need to ensure that all aux sends work, post-fader & pre-solo, no matter what users do solo-wise for the control room?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

establish a separate mix for the TV dept and send that to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭GTE

TroutMask wrote: »
    establish a separate mix for the TV dept and send that to them

Thanks for the reply.

There is a separate FOH mixer, and the dedicated TV mixer is the one the question is about; if that's what you mean.

If you mean use the C24 to create a separate mix, how would the signal flow work? Would the fader positions of mix 1 be reflected in 2 with mutes and solos not registering in mix 2?

I just need a way to have all aux sends post fader and pre solo, which I'm sure I've done lots in newer DAWs, but PT isn't my forte.

Advertisement