Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bagenalstown

• 05-01-2015 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm at a loose end in Bagenalstown tomorrow for a few hours and thinking of running along the Barrow towards either Leighlinbridge or Graiguenamanagh, 12km route or thereabouts.

Is the river path runnable this weather or is it it flooded/boggy or otherwise.

Bear in mind I only have normal runners with me, my trail shoes are at home. I don't mind gravel or firm grass but I don't want to destroy my good shoes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I don't think it will be great to run on at this time of year. Wet soggy grass at best. Leiglinbridge direction would be a better bet. Its beautiful though. Especially south of bagenalstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Don't know the route up around Bagenalstown but have been on it between St Mullins and Graiguenamanagh over the last week. It's soft in places but not too bad. It's a lovely run on the track. Enjoy it whatever direction you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Just a quick update, did this yesterday, 12.5k from Bagenalstown and through Leighlinbridge towards Dublin and back.

Not too bad at all, a little slippy and dirty in spots but no depth to the muck. I wore road shoes which were OK but not ideal, a little squirmy underfoot, any kind of light trail shoes with a little bit of grip would have been perfect.

Beautiful day for it and a lovely route, but the glare off the river with the low winter sun was unreal, had to wear sunglasses it was that strong, good complaint though!

Advertisement