Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Tour Trust Sportive - Dublin

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Same here, I think it would have been great early in the year again, really opened the engine up a bit.

Great event regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭nailik

buffalo wrote: »
    We were only talking about this on the spin yesterday - it was a great leg-opener for the start of the season, get the racing started early!

True dat. Dislodged a few wintery cobwebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

After last year, I'd gladly pay the entry fee, then stay at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

3rd April this year
    http://www.irishcyclesport.com/upcoming-events-2016/junior-tour-trust-sportive/

What was the "blistering pace" from last year? I wont be on the bike again until the end of the month. I'm sure I can stick with 27/28kmph but what speed was the broom wagon going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

My average, last year, was just over 32KPH. I was dropped from the first group after about 70K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

I wouldn't say it'll be as fast as last year.
    It seemed like all the racers were there using it as a warm up for the racing season that was about to start and since the racing season is a few weeks in there might not be as many turn up for this.

I was in the 30s until my front wheel went flat and that was for 3/4 of the event.

It was interesting to see two fixed gear bikes dragging the lazy road racers along for a large chunk of the spin :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

brianomc wrote: »
    3rd April this year
    http://www.irishcyclesport.com/upcoming-events-2016/junior-tour-trust-sportive/

What was the "blistering pace" from last year? I wont be on the bike again until the end of the month. I'm sure I can stick with 27/28kmph but what speed was the broom wagon going?

Is there a route map and profile available, cant seem to find it on the website or facebook etc?

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭nilhg

bazermc wrote: »
    Is there a route map and profile available, cant seem to find it on the website or facebook etc?

cheers

Last years route, will be similar again this year I believe.

https://www.strava.com/activities/249084060/overview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Just noticed on FB that this year's event has been cancelled due to lack of pre-registrations.

• Advertisement

xebec wrote: »
    Just noticed on FB that this year's event has been cancelled due to lack of pre-registrations.

A pity, I will hold my hands up and say I forgot to preregister, suppose it was lack of publicity this year, there was a great buzz last year which is a shame. I even forgot it was on this year.

I do think they would do themselves a favour by moving it back to where it was in terms of early in the year.

Only 17 people had pre-entered.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Only 17 people had pre-entered.

That seems shockingly low. Was it a case of poor advertisement or is it because it is into the racing season? I just forgot about it, whereas last year such a big deal was made early on that you couldn't forget. Shame if it passed away so early into its inception.

CramCycle wrote: »
    That seems shockingly low. Was it a case of poor advertisement or is it because it is into the racing season? I just forgot about it, whereas last year such a big deal was made early on that you couldn't forget. Shame if it passed away so early into its inception.

Couldn't believe it either.I did this cycle with a friend last year. I knew, I wouldn't be able to do it this year, but my mate registered for it.
    When I read on this thread about it being cancelled, I contacted my mate to tell him. He had not been informed, that it was cancelled. He emailed the organisers.
    They replied. Among other things, they told him, that only 17 people had pre entered.
    I was more than surprised. There seemed to be such a buzz about the spin last year, and a tremendous amount of goodwill for the event. One of the reasons, I did it last year was because both my sons had competed in the Junior Tour. And there were lots like me. I also met loads of lads, who had themselves done the JT. Indeed I met one lad there, who told me, that it was 15 years since he had sat on a bike, until the day of the sportive. He just wanted to support the event.
    Pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

awww! that's a pity. I was going to do it, and my wife was doing the 50km with her friend.
    I hate that pre-entry stuff though....it's an absolute pox here in Ireland because of our weather. We'd have just registered on the day.

Pity now they seem to have been totally relying on pre-entry to gauge interest in the event - it's quite possible a lot of people were also planning to do it and just turn up on the day like we were.
    Might have been better to have like a pre-registration which is free (even a FB event ye could reply to)....that way you could gauge the interest and have an idea of how many might turn up (assuming the weather didn't ruin everything like it is threatening to do at the moment :( ).

Advertisement