Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick public playing fields

• 05-01-2015 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

as the title says, is there any rugby/soccer/gaa public playing fields, as in parks etc.

would love to know, as stepping up my rehab from an injury.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Maybe the pitches out in UL when nobody is on them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Westfields between the North Circular Road and the Condell Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Shelbourne Park

Ballinacurra Gaels.

Edit: Scrap that. No public access anymore so I've been told which is a shame

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

where are you residing in would be helpful.....lot of pitches in limerick city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dhanna506

im living in oakleigh wood, dooradoyle. im not a limerick resident so dont know the place 100%,is there playing grounds open at crescent college there?

dhanna506 wrote: »
    im living in oakleigh wood, dooradoyle. im not a limerick resident so dont know the place 100%,is there playing grounds open at crescent college there?

Garryowen rugby pitch is only down the road from you. A friend of mine uses it when its empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Garryowen rugby pitch is only down the road from you. A friend of mine uses it when its empty

Only authorised people are allowed. I would have suggested the pitch behind ryans or vartry field off mulcair rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Mc Love wrote: »
    Only authorised people are allowed. I would have suggested the pitch behind ryans or vartry field off mulcair rd

Technically only authorised people are allowed but the caretakers don't mind someone doing a bit of jogging and a few stretches there. I've used them pitches my whole life and was never asked to leave.

There's also the Crescent school which would be the same deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i dont know dooradoyle well. but you could always drive out to the track munster train in out in ul. may be a bit far though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd doubt any place would be too happy with flocks of people coming running, public liability insurance is a nightmare, you'll probably notice disclaimer signs at most places, I'd especially imagine that club grounds would be limited to members of that club only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd doubt any place would be too happy with flocks of people coming running, public liability insurance is a nightmare, you'll probably notice disclaimer signs at most places, I'd especially imagine that club grounds would be limited to members of that club only.

I got the impression it was someone just doing stetches jogging etc with them doing rehab. Anyways, if that person doesn't want to go somewhere that's technically private it's up to him/her.

I grew up playing football/rugby/jogging in Garryowen and we never had any bother from staff. Just giving my opinion. Like someone mentioned, there's a big public field behind Raheen Foodstore which is the same distance from Oakleighwood as Garryowen would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dhanna506

thanks for the feedback so far.

looking at google maps,from oakleigh wood going direction away from town, theres a dead end and a pitch there, sluggary is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

looking at google maps,from oakleigh wood going direction away from town, theres a dead end and a pitch there, sluggary is it?

There's soccer and gaa pitches in Mungret which should be fine to use when not being used. Used to always go there but that was about 6 or 7 years back.

https://goo.gl/maps/oBXA8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

That's Regional Utd's pitch and it will be locked when not in use.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

There's a soccer club up that direction, St Paul's. There pitch isn't very level, but it's wide open.

Advertisement