Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building callouses and chasing goals

1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭EmcD123

Been training but not posting. I wish the android version of boards was actually usable.

Started a new program joining with the college club so just following that. Had a good session yesterday.

Hang Power Snatch
    5x3 40

Power Clean + CLean
    5x2 70

Clean Pull
    5x5 100

Trained monday aswell. And ran 3.5km last sunday. Happy with my short term progress in the last while.

Hang Power Clean + Power Clean
    5x2 70

Clean Pull
    5x5 100

YTWL
    3x5

Back Extensions
    3x12

Felt pretty good today. The clean pulls especially were a lot smoother.

Sunday

Had an a really good session Sunday morning. Like really good. Way exceeded my expectations for squats

BACK SQUAT

Had to go for 5 rep max at an estimated rpe 9. Which supposedly means you go to a weight where you'd get 6 reps.
    80x5
    90x5
    100x5
    110x5
    115x5

Did 5 at each increment as I didn't know when of reach the correct rpe. 115 was really easy and form seemed to be pretty solid. Decided that I'd stop there but I suspect I hadore than 1 rep left in me.

SNATCH PULL, SNATCH
    Not as successful here but that's just because it'll take a while to get consistent again
    5x2 70
    Missed a few snatches.

Box Jumps
    5x3 380mm

Good Mornings
    4x8 20kg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

EmcD123 wrote: »
    Had to go for 5 rep max at an estimated rpe 9. Which supposedly means you go to a weight where you'd get 6 reps.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RPE based training.

This may come in handy.

Welcome to the wonderful world of RPE based training.

This may come in handy.

We're just doing it for certain rep maxes and that. But since I've been out of training properly on olympic lifts for quite a while, I've been interpreting the percentages as rpes aswell since I cant match my old numbers at the moment

• Advertisement

Monday

Didnt lift as well as on Sunday but I felt a lot tighter and it was an evening session this time.

Back Squat
    5x3 115

Felt stiffer than sundays but I think I just had a good day that time. Still this is significantly more weight for these reps than I expected.

Snatch
    5x3 60

Took the weight back a little bit and started focusing on extending correctly. Felt quite good, and no misses which is very important at the moment.

Power Clean+Push Press+Jerk
    5x (1,3,1) 50

Snatch Deadlift
    5x5 80

EmcD123 wrote: »
    We're just doing it for certain rep maxes and that. But since I've been out of training properly on olympic lifts for quite a while, I've been interpreting the percentages as rpes aswell since I cant match my old numbers at the moment

Takes a bit of getting used to but I find it useful insofar as it allows you to just work with how you feel.

Very occasionally, you just don't feel great and hitting a prescribed percentage might be a step too far or other days you feel really good and the prescribed percentage would be a little lighter than what you felt you could do that day.

Back after the Christmas break now. Did one session during the holidays in which I also managed to hurt myself, wondering when are the youthful invincibility started wearing off :')

FRONT SQUATS
    4x3 100

Snatch pull, snatch
    6x1 70

Clean and jerk
    4x1 90

So competition is in 4 weeks and I need to get fit fast so pulling out all the stops. Today's session sucked. But I think if the program insists on putting squats first then I'm going to have to coast them as I had nothing left in my legs by the time of the jerks so they ended up being a total write off.

Crippled today, my shoulders are bruised completely black from the squats I think.

Snatch Balance
    5x2 60

Muscle Snatch+Snatch
    5x2x(1,1) 50

Snatch Pull
    3x3 90

Back Extension
    4x12

Overall an okay session, but was crippled with muscle pains.

Some really good sessions last week. Program is the same this week but heavier. Technique is still really rusty.

22/01

Front Squat
    2x3 110
    1x3 120

120 was very hard but did it so really happy that my squat is coming back so fast

Snatch Pull, Snatch
    6x1 75

Missed one snatch overall which isnt too bad. Which my amount of prep training I cant really ask for consistency at the moment, just have to push the numbers so to only miss one is a good result

Jerks From Blocks
    6x2 100

Cant remember the last time I successfully jerked this much for a double. Missed two reps overall. But there was some really good ones scattered through the sets so thats a good sign.

• Advertisement

New program for this week. 2 weeks and a taper left until competition.

28/01
    Front Squat
    5x3 100

These felt fine, and pretty easy which is helpful.

The rest of the session was a writeoff.
    Snatch
    5x1 70

29/01

Much much better session today, need to get my nutrition and recovery back under control if im going to keep doing sessions like these.

Hang Snatch
    6x2 70
    Missed 2 reps.

Snatch Pulls
    5x3 80
    Kept the weight lighter to try to get that feeling of "ya, i could definitely snatch this".

Back Extensions 4x12
    Leg Extensions 4x12

Monday

Front Squat
    120x2

Snatch
    85x1
    90x

Power Clean+Jerk
    105x1

Competition is next week. So this is max week. Feeling pretty good about last nights numbers.

Had typed a long post but got lost when my connection dropped.

16/02/19 Inter Varsities

First competition back in ages. Went really well, pulled off way better lifts than was expected with the tiny amount of training done leading up to it.

Bodyweight: 72kf (cut from 75.5)

Snatch
    90x

Clean and Jerk

Won my category with that total of 197kg

Started a hypertrophy training cycle immediately afterwards which was going well until today so need to try to getting better at posting to track that.

Well done, young fleh

Had a rough two weeks of hypertrophy but am now feeling strong and ready.

The plan right now is to train for the National U23's this summer, in roughly 8 weeks i think.

Sots Press
    5x5 20

Snatch Pull, Hang Snatch, OHS
    5x2x(1,1,1)

Front Squat
    5x3 90

Plank,side Plank
    30 seconds each x3

Back Extensions
    3x12

Lateral Raises
    3x12 7.5