Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soon to come into land

Options
  • 05-01-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Long story short I will soon be getting the deeds for a derelict bungalow and 13 acres of land which has been valued at a minimum of 100k. My question now is what sort of tax liabilities will i have from it?
    Also I was considering getting a mortgage previously before i went traveling for a couple of years. Will the banks let me use this land as a deposit to draw down on or will I have to sell it or part of it? I know i may be exempt from some taxes due to it being my father giving it to me and I have an agricultural qualification but if i sell before holding it for 6 years I get hit with cgt etc.
    Any advice welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No CAT if €100000 gift or inheritance comes to you from your father I think.

Advertisement