Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Hard Drive Format Issues

Options
  • 05-01-2015 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

I've got a 1TB external hard drive which I use to watch media on my television via USB. I was originally using it with a Windows laptop but recently changed to a Macbook. I found that it was not fully compatible with the Mac. I could see my files on the hard drive and drag them to the Mac but I couldn't drag files from the Mac to the hard drive. Google suggested that I had to format the hard drive to make it compatible.

The hard drive was originally formatted as NTFS. Using a Windows laptop I formatted it as ExFAT in order to make it compatible with the Macbook. Now, my TV doesn't recognise the device. When plugged in the USB option doesn't appear. I'm guessing this is due to the new format. I'm at a loss.

Is there any way the hard drive can be compatible with the TV and the Macbook?

Comments

Advertisement